IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

For the first time in about twenty years I took a spill on my bike. Totally my fault, as I cut my turnaround corner too fine. Minor scrape on my elbow, but my one thigh caught the brunt of it is going to have a nice bruise. Once it stiffens up, it's going to be sore. Luckily I was doing a 180º turn, so I wasn't going that fast.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 10:50am
For the first time in about twenty years I took a spill on my bike. Totally my fault, as I cut my turnaround corner too fine. Minor scrape on my elbow, but my one thigh caught the brunt of it is going to have a nice bruise. Once it stiffens up, it's going to be sore. Luckily I was doing a 180º turn, so I wasn't going that fast.
Shit, stay safe, man.

My bike riding is going great. I've nearly halved my commute ride from 1hr 20 to 45 mins in just a couple of months.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 11:56am
Shit, stay safe, man.
I deserved worse for being inattentive or sloppy.
My bike riding is going great. I've nearly halved my commute ride from 1hr 20 to 45 mins in just a couple of months.
Fantastic news. Warmer weather has likely helped you, too, but building up biking legs shows serious results in no time.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 12:10pm
I deserved worse
I've been saying this for years.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 12:10pm
I deserved worse
I've been saying this for years.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Get the ice on it and repeat!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 3:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Already done. Actually, the soreness has been a lot more manageable than I expected. I'm expecting that I'll have to take tomorrow off, but I figure that'll be the only time lost.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 3:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Already done. Actually, the soreness has been a lot more manageable than I expected. I'm expecting that I'll have to take tomorrow off, but I figure that'll be the only time lost.
If you get a haematoma the Best (and worst) thing to do is to massage it out to spread the dead blood around. Heels much quicker but very painful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 3:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you get a haematoma the Best (and worst) thing to do is to massage it out to spread the dead blood around. Heels much quicker but very painful.
I tend to leave that shit alone, let it heal at a pace that Jesus Christ determined at the dawn of the universe.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 4:12pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 3:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I tend to leave that shit alone, let it heal at a pace that Jesus Christ determined at the dawn of the universe.
Name one occasion that religion has proved science wrong?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 6:24pm
That time all the scientists told Noah he was a goofball hippie for building a boat in the desert. Or the time that scientists said that a guy who was dead for a couple days couldn't come back to life and become an omnipotent deity who had a real interest in people's sex lives and sports results.

Check and mate.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 6:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
That time all the scientists told Noah he was a goofball hippie for building a boat in the desert. Or the time that scientists said that a guy who was dead for a couple days couldn't come back to life and become an omnipotent deity who had a real interest in people's sex lives and sports results.

Check and mate.
Ok apart from the Great Flood, Jesus rising from the dead and walking on water and feeding the 5,000 and turning water into wine and being the son of a virgin, name me one occasion religion has proved science wrong.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Check and mate.
Ok apart from the Great Flood, Jesus rising from the dead and walking on water and feeding the 5,000 and turning water into wine and being the son of a virgin, name me one occasion religion has proved science wrong.
God created the universe so that humans have a place to do stuff, as opposed to scientists who say the universe came out of math equations. Think about it, Brainstein.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:33pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Check and mate.
God created the universe so that humans have a place to do stuff, as opposed to scientists who say the universe came out of math equations. Think about it, Brainstein.
Apart from God being cleverer than science name one time religion has proved science wrong.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 8:33pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Check and mate.
Apart from God being cleverer than science name one time religion has proved science wrong.
Burn in hell, heathen kiwi, where the flames swirl the wrong way!