Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7052
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 04 Oct 2018, 6:29pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:36pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:33pm
Flex wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 2:50pm
i miss the solid mid-tier reliability of harpoon.
I miss when they didn't do 10 different types of ipa.
The original was my college jam. I still like it’s balance and thrust quench on hot days. I miss Catamount too.
Catamount the original VT micro brew

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77740
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Oct 2018, 6:52pm

Image

The Boss claims I've had this before—it was gifted to her but I drank it—but I bought it because she liked the buffalo picture. Nevertheless, really smooth, just a wee bit sweet.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15294
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Rat Patrol » 04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm

Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8758
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 04 Oct 2018, 10:12pm

revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:29pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:36pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:33pm
Flex wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 2:50pm
i miss the solid mid-tier reliability of harpoon.
I miss when they didn't do 10 different types of ipa.
The original was my college jam. I still like it’s balance and thrust quench on hot days. I miss Catamount too.
Catamount the original VT micro brew

Image
I drank my weight in Catty Porter in 1995. I’m sure of it.*


*my 1995 weight
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8758
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 04 Oct 2018, 10:14pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:52pm
Image

The Boss claims I've had this before—it was gifted to her but I drank it—but I bought it because she liked the buffalo picture. Nevertheless, really smooth, just a wee bit sweet.
It’s good. It’s not better than the price above Beam. It might even be the Beam people. Liquor ought not put on heirs.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7052
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 25 Oct 2018, 10:19pm

Ba-ba-banana, this ain't Havana. Its fucking cold and wet, so time for some hot cider and rum.
20181025_221701.jpg

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8758
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 25 Oct 2018, 10:26pm

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 10:19pm
Ba-ba-banana, this ain't Havana. Its fucking cold and wet, so time for some hot cider and rum.

20181025_221701.jpg
Yes sir!
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8758
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 18 Nov 2018, 6:43pm

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77740
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Nov 2018, 6:56pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 6:43pm
So, is "Clash of lagers" a compliment or some kind of reference to betrayal?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3928
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Spiff » 18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77740
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm

Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17030
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by JennyB » 19 Nov 2018, 11:51am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77740
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Nov 2018, 12:09pm

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
No, he was breaking the cycle of violence that plagues birds and mice. :huh:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17030
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by JennyB » 19 Nov 2018, 12:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:09pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
No, he was breaking the cycle of violence that plagues birds and mice. :huh:
Doesn't he care about the birds and mice in Chicago?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77740
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Nov 2018, 1:03pm

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:09pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm

But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
No, he was breaking the cycle of violence that plagues birds and mice. :huh:
Doesn't he care about the birds and mice in Chicago?
Why Chicago?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests