Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8609
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 13 Nov 2017, 3:31am

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:06am
Nothing quite like a hot rum and fresh cider on these cold new england nights.
That’s a great idea.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2017, 7:16am

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:06am
Nothing quite like a hot rum and fresh cider on these cold new england nights.
Been a long time since I made hot buttered rum. A perfect January evening drink.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6758
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 19 Dec 2017, 12:19am

Enjoyimg this local brew lately
Image

The Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is pretty solid too, will enjoy that until I cant get it anymore.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8609
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 19 Dec 2017, 1:00am

I’ve been enjoying this of late.


Image
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6758
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 19 Dec 2017, 7:22am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 1:00am
I’ve been enjoying this of late.


Image
Ill look for that.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20565
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog » 19 Dec 2017, 10:58am

Stout season indeed!
Image
Untappd lopped off the top of the photo, but it's Bourbon County Brand Stout. This is a classic and this year's version has typically great bourbon notes without being overbearing. I remember 16 tasting like fudge batter and this is less so. Still great with some nice dark fruit flavors.

Image
Beer nerds will sleep on this one because it's $12/six pack and there are stacks of them at Bevmo. Still, it is way better than it needs to be. Great chocolate and bourbon notes. Coffee only comes in as it approaches room temp which isn't ideal, but at least eventually it shows up.

Image
Another Bevmo shelf turd from Flex-land. Rich and roasty and super smooth.

It's great how common place awesome bourbon barrel stouts are becoming these days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8879
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Kory » 19 Dec 2017, 1:26pm

revbob wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 12:19am
Enjoyimg this local brew lately
Image

The Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is pretty solid too, will enjoy that until I cant get it anymore.
That ABV seems awful low.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6758
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 19 Dec 2017, 6:01pm

Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 1:26pm
revbob wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 12:19am
Enjoyimg this local brew lately
Image

The Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is pretty solid too, will enjoy that until I cant get it anymore.
That ABV seems awful low.
That pic isnt for the imperial.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm

Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20565
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog » 08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm

matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8609
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 08 Jan 2018, 9:56pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm
matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2018, 10:01pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm
matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.
Yeah. I had a couple tonight, amping up the rum component, and I'll probably be good until the next cold snap.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8609
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 08 Jan 2018, 10:17pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm
matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.
Yeah. I had a couple tonight, amping up the rum component, and I'll probably be good until the next cold snap.
In the right climate I would drink nothing but Mount Gay rum, soda water, and a lime. Nothing but and all the time.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76934
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2018, 10:20pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm
matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm


I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.
Yeah. I had a couple tonight, amping up the rum component, and I'll probably be good until the next cold snap.
In the right climate I would drink nothing but Mount Gay rum, soda water, and a lime. Nothing but and all the time.
Coinky dink, but I bought Mount Gay rum today for making drinks. I hardly ever buy rum—I prefer rye—but picked that as part of a dumb joke with the boss.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I travel nowhere without Zabu!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests