Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50289
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Wolter » 13 Oct 2016, 10:58pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.
Word.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6512
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 13 Oct 2016, 11:29pm

Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.

Enjoying a nice oatmeal stout right now.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25944
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Flex » 14 Oct 2016, 1:20am

Footage of Doc extolling the virtues of his wine: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... vi/2872692
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75899
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Oct 2016, 6:16am

revbob wrote:Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.
It's stupid easy. (Would I be able to do it if it took skill?). It's just about keeping the carboys clean and siphoning back and forth a few times. The whole process takes about a month. All you need is room for all the shit and to endure the start-up costs of the equipment. After that, it's about a buck a bottle.
Flex wrote:Footage of Doc extolling the virtues of his wine: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... vi/2872692
Thank you copyright protection for keeping me from being exposed to Will Ferrell.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16593
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by JennyB » 14 Oct 2016, 9:37am

revbob wrote:Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.

Enjoying a nice oatmeal stout right now.
My favorite beer. I wish I could like wine more, but I have a very un-refined palate I guess. I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.

It is very cool that Doc makes wine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75899
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Oct 2016, 10:05am

JennyB wrote:I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.
I've never had sangria. Whenever I've thought about ordering it, I feared it would just be mildly alcoholic kool-aid.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8198
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 14 Oct 2016, 10:25am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.
I've never had sangria. Whenever I've thought about ordering it, I feared it would just be mildly alcoholic kool-aid.
I try to avoid sweetened booze. The sugar gives me the quick boost that turns to a crash headache. The only sangria I really have liked is the white wine variety (Sav. Blanc or something).
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75899
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Oct 2016, 10:32am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.
I've never had sangria. Whenever I've thought about ordering it, I feared it would just be mildly alcoholic kool-aid.
I try to avoid sweetened booze. The sugar gives me the quick boost that turns to a crash headache. The only sangria I really have liked is the white wine variety (Sav. Blanc or something).
Never had any negative physiological effects, only a sense of being ripped off somehow.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50289
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Wolter » 14 Oct 2016, 1:27pm

I fucking love Sangria.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6512
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 14 Oct 2016, 3:49pm

Wolter wrote:I fucking love Sangria.
I've never had Sangria but every time I hear the word I think 9f those cheese Beefsteak Charlie's commercials from the 80s. Blah blah blah and all the beer wine or sangria you can drink

Image
Last edited by revbob on 14 Oct 2016, 4:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8690
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Kory » 14 Oct 2016, 3:57pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.
Also good.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8198
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 14 Oct 2016, 5:41pm

revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:I fucking love Sangria.
I've never had Sangria but every time I hear the word I think 9f those cheese Beefsteak Charlie's commercials from the 80s. Blah blah blah and all the beer wine or sangria you can drink

Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75899
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2016, 8:47pm

Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8198
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 08 Nov 2016, 10:23pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.

Buy the ball bag massager.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75899
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2016, 10:36pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.

Buy the ball bag massager.
My choices are limited, sir. The other possibility is a whiskey decanter set.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: revbob and 9 guests