Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog » 01 Sep 2016, 6:37pm

tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31914
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by tepista » 01 Sep 2016, 7:00pm

matedog wrote:Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
and now he's dead.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Wolter » 01 Sep 2016, 7:21pm

matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog » 02 Sep 2016, 5:23pm

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
Is that why you mocked my shorts and grabbed random peoples' beers you were certain were from New York?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5309
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob » 02 Sep 2016, 5:38pm

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
Is that why you mocked my shorts and grabbed random peoples' beers you were certain were from New York?
This sounds like a fun time

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Wolter » 02 Sep 2016, 5:51pm

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
Is that why you mocked my shorts and grabbed random peoples' beers you were certain were from New York?
I also kept checking where their salsas were made.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 07 Sep 2016, 5:43pm

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Sep 2016, 3:50pm

It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Silent Majority » 24 Sep 2016, 4:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
Image
I look forward to you throwing your arm around Heston and belting the worst of KISS.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Sep 2016, 4:39pm

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
Image
I look forward to you throwing your arm around Heston and belting the worst of KISS.
Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Silent Majority » 24 Sep 2016, 5:15pm

I am now daahn the pub.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Oct 2016, 8:45pm

The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Rat Patrol » 13 Oct 2016, 10:10pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
You know how to make it not taste like homemade battery acid? Or you've gotten used to the taste of homemade battery acid?

I have never known a person who was successfully able to make homemade wine that wasn't a more effective paint stripper than drink. Whereas I know lots of people who could barely pull the tab off a beer with success who are now total homebrewing savants.
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7406
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Kory » 13 Oct 2016, 10:14pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6855
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater » 13 Oct 2016, 10:35pm

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Inder and 11 guests