Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:06am
Nothing quite like a hot rum and fresh cider on these cold new england nights.
That’s a great idea.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 2:06am
Nothing quite like a hot rum and fresh cider on these cold new england nights.
Been a long time since I made hot buttered rum. A perfect January evening drink.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Enjoyimg this local brew lately

The Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is pretty solid too, will enjoy that until I cant get it anymore.

BostonBeaneater

I’ve been enjoying this of late.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 1:00am
I’ve been enjoying this of late.

Ill look for that.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Stout season indeed!
Untappd lopped off the top of the photo, but it's Bourbon County Brand Stout. This is a classic and this year's version has typically great bourbon notes without being overbearing. I remember 16 tasting like fudge batter and this is less so. Still great with some nice dark fruit flavors.

Beer nerds will sleep on this one because it's $12/six pack and there are stacks of them at Bevmo. Still, it is way better than it needs to be. Great chocolate and bourbon notes. Coffee only comes in as it approaches room temp which isn't ideal, but at least eventually it shows up.

Another Bevmo shelf turd from Flex-land. Rich and roasty and super smooth.

It's great how common place awesome bourbon barrel stouts are becoming these days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 12:19am

The Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is pretty solid too, will enjoy that until I cant get it anymore.
That ABV seems awful low.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 1:26pm
revbob wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 12:19am

That ABV seems awful low.
That pic isnt for the imperial.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:33pm
Laziness overcome by booze lust. I was unable to locate any hot buttered rum mix at a store, so I made my own (it's not hard, but I am intimidated by 95% of kitchen devices). It would have been better when it was minus Pluto here last week, but, damn, so fucking tasty.
I can honestly say I've never had one, but damn if that doesn't sound tasty.
https://www.marthastewart.com/341882/hot-buttered-rum
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 6:46pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I swear on my left and right nut that they are great. High calorie, definitely, but perfect winter evening booze.
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 9:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Great winter drink. It’s a one and done sort of thing. I put it in the same space as a hot toddy.
Yeah. I had a couple tonight, amping up the rum component, and I'll probably be good until the next cold snap.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah. I had a couple tonight, amping up the rum component, and I'll probably be good until the next cold snap.
In the right climate I would drink nothing but Mount Gay rum, soda water, and a lime. Nothing but and all the time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:01pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

In the right climate I would drink nothing but Mount Gay rum, soda water, and a lime. Nothing but and all the time.
Coinky dink, but I bought Mount Gay rum today for making drinks. I hardly ever buy rum—I prefer rye—but picked that as part of a dumb joke with the boss.