Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 7:04pm
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 7:00pm
Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 6:52pm
BitterTom wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 6:16pm
I was speaking to a colleague about stubbies and he had no idea what I meant, UK-ers would you associate this pic with the word in question?
How many ounces is that?

Back in high school 8 packs of 7oz Buds were quite popular. Crap beer but back then it was definitely quantity over quality.
I used to drink guinness from stubbies years ago, though dont know if they still sell em. 330 ml i think.
That's roughly 12oz.
7oz must have been very small bottles.
Yeah could come in handy at times, slip a few in your pockets.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 7:22pm
Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 7:04pm
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 7:00pm
Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 6:57pm
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 6:52pm

How many ounces is that?

Back in high school 8 packs of 7oz Buds were quite popular. Crap beer but back then it was definitely quantity over quality.
I used to drink guinness from stubbies years ago, though dont know if they still sell em. 330 ml i think.
That's roughly 12oz.
7oz must have been very small bottles.
Yeah could come in handy at times, slip a few in your pockets.
I knew them as ponies or dimeys.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Just got in, the dog has shat on the living room floor (not ill, she does this when she's in a huff as she wasn't walked as long as usual,) there's no butter in for toast and I need to sleep but wide awake.

Touch of Scotch is the only answer. Cheers all.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 11:21pm
Just got in, the dog has shat on the living room floor (not ill, she does this when she's in a huff as she wasn't walked as long as usual,) there's no butter in for toast and I need to sleep but wide awake.

Touch of Scotch is the only answer. Cheers all.
Ugh, that sucks to come home to that. Do dog shit here but can't sleep so I'm gonna watch Ozarks and drink some rum.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It's Friday, which means I get to break my weekly teetotal for a full bottle of wine tonight and a full bottle tomorrow night. Then back to the sober grind. I'm very disciplined, as you can tell.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 2:50pm
It's Friday, which means I get to break my weekly teetotal for a full bottle of wine tonight and a full bottle tomorrow night. Then back to the sober grind. I'm very disciplined, as you can tell.
You need to start making your own, build up your intake while decreasing your booze budget. I'm down to about fifty bottles, but have some kits on order to replenish the reserve.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 2:58pm
Kory wrote:
You need to start making your own, build up your intake while decreasing your booze budget. I'm down to about fifty bottles, but have some kits on order to replenish the reserve.
I don't trust myself to produce a bottle that would be up to my standard, especially since I'm addicted to NZ Sauv Blancs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I don't trust myself to produce a bottle that would be up to my standard, especially since I'm addicted to NZ Sauv Blancs.
Standards? Ooh la la! Is the carnation in your boutonniere normally white or pink?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 3:24pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Standards? Ooh la la! Is the carnation in your boutonniere normally white or pink?
It's carnation, hence the name. "White or pink;" what a pleb.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Aren't there white carnations, too? Regardless, my pitchfork will find your bowels, dirty noble.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 3:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Aren't there white carnations, too? Regardless, my pitchfork will find your bowels, dirty noble.
Joke's on you, you'll find I'm completely empty inside.

Yeah there's white carnations, I just wanted to make you feel bad.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 5:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 3:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Joke's on you, you'll find I'm completely empty inside.

Yeah there's white carnations, I just wanted to make you feel bad.
I couldn't stab your spirit anyway. Pretty sure you're still manufacturing poo inside.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Got some supplies to augment my existing cache.

4 pack of 16oz Switchback.
6 back of Brooklyn chocolate stout.
750ml of Powers
750ml of Emmets

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 6:28pm
Got some supplies to augment my existing cache.

4 pack of 16oz Switchback.
6 back of Brooklyn chocolate stout.
750ml of Powers
750ml of Emmets
Have I talked about how much I love switchback here? I might, uh, venmo someone some cash if they could ship some out...
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!