Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 4:11pm
revbob wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 3:33pm
JennyB wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 11:08am
revbob wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 10:46pm
Brooklyn mother fucking Chocolate Stout. I love the hell out of this stuff
That sounds delicious.
I added the MF part, but yeah good stuff. It's an imperial so a little boozy (in a good way).
No booze relaxes me more than imperial stout—I'm just sapped of all energy. I should stock some just for insomnia purposes.
Plus, it's a meal in and of itself!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
revbob wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 10:46pm
Brooklyn mother fucking Chocolate Stout. I love the hell out of this stuff
That sounds delicious.
I added the MF part, but yeah good stuff. It's an imperial so a little boozy (in a good way).
No booze relaxes me more than imperial stout—I'm just sapped of all energy. I should stock some just for insomnia purposes.
It's practically health food!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 5:07pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:

That sounds delicious.
So what you're saying is that I should drink more of it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 5:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 5:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I'm not a doctor—well, not the good kind—but I think if you care about your health, yes, you should drink plenty of them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I'm on my 2nd one ... feeling a nice buzz, light dinner and it is high alcohol content

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20181216_230336.jpg
Got some insomnia so I'm cracking this open. Should do the trick

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 10:58pm
20181216_230336.jpgGot some insomnia so I'm cracking this open. Should do the trick
Sideways already.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

I special ordered 6 of these as holiday gifts for my boozy friends.

It's a very, very good peach brandy from Croatia, only 56 proof (28% alcohol), and too tasty for its own good.

Kruskovac
Kruskovac
One has already mysteriously vanished ... :shifty:
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 12:35pm

It's a very, very good peach brandy from Croatia, only 56 proof (28% alcohol), and too tasty for its own good.

IMG_20181217_101659885 (1).jpg

Serbian thieves?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Spiff wrote:

My dad always made us drink fruited brandy (plum, I remember) from eastern europe when I was a kid. Shit was disgusting. Maybe I'd like it more these days, but I doubt it.

When we went to the motherland (Slovakia), I really enjoyed Borovicka which I guess is similar to gin (it's Juniper berry based).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 2:30pm
Spiff wrote:

My dad always made us drink fruited brandy (plum, I remember) from eastern europe when I was a kid. Shit was disgusting. Maybe I'd like it more these days, but I doubt it.

When we went to the motherland (Slovakia), I really enjoyed Borovicka which I guess is similar to gin (it's Juniper berry based).
I'm not overly keen on fruited brandy, but I am a fan of cognac in the winter. I normally pick up a bottle once the weather really turns bad.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

matedog wrote:
Spiff wrote:

You're probably thinking of Slivovitz, a type of rakija (raki, in some Slavic languages), which is indeed very harsh.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Spiff wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 3:49pm
matedog wrote:
Spiff wrote:

You're probably thinking of Slivovitz, a type of rakija (raki, in some Slavic languages), which is indeed very harsh.
Drank a bunch of that shit in 2012 as well on the trip. Def preferred Borovicka.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Magary to Hoy: Drop dead. :shifty:
Who’s worse? Beer Dorks or Bourbon (or Rye or American Whiskey or whatever) Dorks? I mean, I’m sure everybody agrees that Scotch Dorks are the worst, but I’m having trouble figuring out who’s the runner up for last place.
I have met beer snobs. I have met bourbon bastards who think that bourbon is the great American novel of liquors. I have even engaged in both these forms of snobbery myself.

My verdict: beer snobs are worse, if only because there are so MANY of them. Give any asshole a pricey IPA and suddenly they turn into Jim Koch, waxing on insufferably about hoppiness for hours on end. Meanwhile, I’m just trying to get drunk here. I like fancy beers and I’m glad that self-appointed brewmasters saw fit to churn out 50 billion different microbrews for American consumption. But enough is enough. Calm down with the beer snobbery. Don’t make me agree with a stupid Dilly Dilly ad.

It’s beer. Filing bank statements may be an unnecessary side effect of aging, but treating beer like jazz doesn’t have to be. Growing up, beer was cheap shit you drank so that you could vomit. That was the MAGIC of it. I refuse to let some beer snob analyze the fun out of such an inherently goofy and idiotic beverage. It’s fun to obsess over things, but don’t do it at the expense of me playing slap cup with a case of Miller Lite.

Bourbon, particularly cheap bourbon, is also used by enterprising drunks primarily as a way of getting drunk quickly. The bouquet of said bourbon is beside the point. HOWEVER, nice bourbon tends to be pricier than nice beer, and it tends to be consumed by older people, people more inclined to snobbery. I expect whiskey people to be snooty about their liquor. Whereas beer snobs can suddenly materialize at picnics and behind the bar at brewpubs and anywhere else that would be diverting and harmless if Vince didn’t decide that HERE was the best place to lecture everyone about German beer purity laws. Over the past two decades, beer snobbery has become a national epidemic. I’m ready for Juul nnobbery to take its place. My kids will be at college one day and some asshat will regale them with his review of a fiddlehead fern-flavored vaping oil. That guy will suck.
https://adequateman.deadspin.com/what-i ... 1833059183