Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My parents had those exact chairs in the dining room (and I think my mother still does have them in her apartment now).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 7:22am
My parents had those exact chairs in the dining room (and I think my mother still does have them in her apartment now).
Awesome! I actually have a similar set down in the basement.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 7:08am
Wolter wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 10:38pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 12:56pm
IMG_0104.JPG

My contribution to preserving the history of brewing in Wisconsin! :mrgreen:

They're all from independent Wisconsin breweries. The only thing I've ever really collected (other than music).
Any New Glarus on there? I try to get that every time I cross the border, since you can’t get that in Chicago unless you’re lucky.
Yup! Top shelf on the right! Ever stopped at the Mars Cheese Castle on 94? Always a fun place to stop in general - but it is always full of Illinois plates and many of them are just there to pick up Spotted Cow!
I have and that’s been me!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Hitting the Jamesons tonight. Trouble sleeping over the last several months and Im hoping this helps even a little. Life sucks lately and I dont see much prospects for improvement in the near future.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 12:20am
Hitting the Jamesons tonight. Trouble sleeping over the last several months and Im hoping this helps even a little. Life sucks lately and I dont see much prospects for improvement in the near future.
Sorry to hear that Rev. I’m drinking milk with maple syrup in it to try and fall asleep right now. I call this drink the Montpelier Tit.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 2:16am
revbob wrote:
Sorry to hear that Rev. I’m drinking milk with maple syrup in it to try and fall asleep right now. I call this drink the Montpelier Tit.
Thanks, objective perspective tells me Im better off in many ways than a lot of people so I should be happy with how thungs are.

Now for that drink, seriously milk and maple syrup, did that work? I always cringe when people talk about warm milk.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 8:48am
Now for that drink, seriously milk and maple syrup, did that work? I always cringe when people talk about warm milk.
I've heard many times over the years that there's an enzyme or some such in milk that acts as a sedative when warmed up.

Personally, since making my own red wine and guzzling a couple glasses in the evening, I've slept very well. But red wine is a really mellowing booze for me
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 8:48am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 2:16am
revbob wrote:
Thanks, objective perspective tells me Im better off in many ways than a lot of people so I should be happy with how thungs are.

I don’t warm it. I just stir it in.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
sincere response: sorry to hear that rev. let me know if i can do anything. you should make your way back to colorado for a visit soon.

even more sincere response: they already sold out of those eagles tribute band tickets, huh?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
Shit, sorry to hear. Do what you gotta do, but I sleep like a baby after a long ass run. Raises my spirits too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 2:30pm
revbob wrote:
Shit, sorry to hear. Do what you gotta do, but I sleep like a baby after a long ass run. Raises my spirits too.
Agreed, Rev. So sorry to hear. I know it probably doesn't help, but you've got a whole crazy message board supporting you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 2:52pm
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Agreed, Rev. So sorry to hear. I know it probably doesn't help, but you've got a whole crazy message board supporting you.
Co-signed.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 3:26pm
JennyB wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 2:52pm
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Co-signed.
Thirded. I'm always a sympathetic ear via PM.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Thanks everyone. I didnt mean to come across as an attention seeker. I had a bit more to drink than usual last night along with some time alone to reflect on things. And that was the result.

I do appreciate the camaraderie here. We give each other a good ribbing but we've shown we're also there for each other.

Like I said earlier today plenty of people worse off than I right now.

And yeah that Eaglesmania is all sold out Flex. Im hoping I can score a quality boot of the performance. And a trip out Colorado way may be in order for this summer.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Yo Rev, nothing wrong with "seeking" some attention (although I can tell you weren't). You're good shit, mate. And I can relate (hey, that's a cool short poem, no?).
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs