Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Re: Thread O'Beer REVIVED!

Post by arsebundren77 »

I'm going to Halifax (the Big Apple of the Maritimes for those who don't know) for my honeymoon in September and word on the street is that there's a beer store there that sells all kinds of exotic fare. I'm gonna go wild! Lately though, this is what I've been guzzling:

And yes, any beer purist worth their salt would turn their noses up at flavoured beer... but it's really not that bad. I mean, light beer doesn't really taste like beer in the first place, so it might as well taste like limey not-beer.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

My favorite:

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

arsebundren77 wrote: Image
i control the citrus content in my beer - not the brewer!

and those fruit beers (raspberry, peach) can go kiss it..... well, that's just stupid....

"ice" beer anyone - fuck you!

PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

rcs wrote:

and those fruit beers (raspberry, peach) can go kiss it..... well, that's just stupid....

I enjoy an occasional -

I am a no go for limes though.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Screw Pabst. Miller and Michelob are my cheapies. I have a soft spot for most of the latin beers but Corona is piss. Dos Equies (sp?), Presidente, Medalla, and Tecate are great summer beers. I've been enjoying Sam Summer and various IPAs now that summer is here. Oyster and beer season.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:Screw Pabst. Miller and Michelob are my cheapies. I have a soft spot for most of the latin beers but Corona is piss. Dos Equies (sp?), Presidente, Medalla, and Tecate are great summer beers. I've been enjoying Sam Summer and various IPAs now that summer is here. Oyster and beer season.
I just bought a 12 pack of Sam Summer after I couldn't find the variety pack at Costco. Unfortunately, it's cold as shit here and not all that summery. I'm not a big IPA guy. The California IPAs are very hoppy and very bitter.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Post by arsebundren77 »

BostonBeaneater wrote:Screw Pabst. Miller and Michelob are my cheapies. I have a soft spot for most of the latin beers but Corona is piss. Dos Equies (sp?), Presidente, Medalla, and Tecate are great summer beers. I've been enjoying Sam Summer and various IPAs now that summer is here. Oyster and beer season.
I love Sam Summer, but we've only just started getting regular Sam here so I may have to make the hour and a half drive to Houlton to get some -- I may need to get a passport sooner than I had planned.

arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Post by arsebundren77 »

rcs wrote:

I hear ya. I normally hate fruit beers due to the sweetness, but this shit isn't sweet at all. Never tried PBR before. Is it anything like Rolling Rock? That stuff is some of the worst swill I've ever drank.

BostonBeaneater

arsebundren77 wrote:
I love Sam Summer, but we've only just started getting regular Sam here so I may have to make the hour and a half drive to Houlton to get some -- I may need to get a passport sooner than I had planned.
Where are you, Arsebundren? Moncton?

arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Post by arsebundren77 »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
arsebundren77 wrote:
Nope, I'm in Fredericton - about an hour and a half from Moncton. Pretty much the midpoint between Moncton and the Maine border.

BostonBeaneater

arsebundren77 wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
arsebundren77 wrote:
Nope, I'm in Fredericton - about an hour and a half from Moncton. Pretty much the midpoint between Moncton and the Maine border.
Do you shake in your boots when the Charlestown Cheifs come to town?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Had a night out yesterday drinking the most vile, though economical, house brew ever.

It tasted like what I imagine rat balls taste like.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
I just bought a 12 pack of Sam Summer after I couldn't find the variety pack at Costco. Unfortunately, it's cold as shit here and not all that summery. I'm not a big IPA guy. The California IPAs are very hoppy and very bitter.
What are you, some kind of woman? Those Cali IPAs are fan-fucking-tastic.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Post by arsebundren77 »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
arsebundren77 wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
arsebundren77 wrote:
Do you shake in your boots when the Charlestown Cheifs come to town?
Used to... now all we have is Quebec Major in Moncton and Saint John. Nothing in Fredericton at the moment, although my alma mater (UNB) has been making a habit of winning the national university title for the past few years.

It's enough to make one drink alot of beer, lime-flavoured or not.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:
What are you, some kind of woman? Those Cali IPAs are fan-fucking-tastic.
Eh, just not my thing. I do get them fairly occasionally but I prefer a nice medium bodied amber. What are some of your fav IPAs? I know CO has a reputation for lots of good microbrews, so what are some of your favorite locals?