Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:55pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:23pm
It’s Miller Lite season for me. It’s funny, I think Bud Light is disgusting but that Miller... boy howdy.
You're really just fooling yourself.

Ive been reaching for the Brooklyn Sumner Ale. Its been on the cheap side.
I like that stuff but it still feels heavy as hell. There are not many good examples of light craft beer that I like. I do like Night Shift's Nite Lite. When it's hot like this I want lower ABV bubbly yellow beer.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 11:32am
revbob wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:55pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It’s Miller Lite season for me. It’s funny, I think Bud Light is disgusting but that Miller... boy howdy.
You're really just fooling yourself.

Ive been reaching for the Brooklyn Sumner Ale. Its been on the cheap side.
I like that stuff but it still feels heavy as hell. There are not many good examples of light craft beer that I like. I do like Night Shift's Nite Lite. When it's hot like this I want lower ABV bubbly yellow beer.

On those brutally hot days I have to be outside forever, I find any beer too much. During the last heat wave, Pilsner Urquell was too much for me.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's probably the best mass produced light beer in the US. Bud Light is awful. Coors Light is okay - maybe just a tick below Miller Lite. I'll take either or on a hot day.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 12:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's probably the best mass produced light beer in the US. Bud Light is awful. Coors Light is okay - maybe just a tick below Miller Lite. I'll take either or on a hot day.
Today on Wolter’s Contrarian Takes: Miller is my least favorite beer by a long sight.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

People drink lite beer? :huh:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I know people do, but can you really have that broad of an opinion spectrum on products that are so qualitatively similar?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

matedog wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 4:09pm
WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I know people do, but can you really have that broad of an opinion spectrum on products that are so qualitatively similar?
No. Honestly, it's which one is least tasteless and watery. I don't know that there is such a thing as a good light beer. There is sometimes a time and place to consume light beer - like going to a picnic and that's all they have - so for me it's picking the best of a mediocre lot.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 2:37pm
It's a staple of a Midwestern summer! :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 4:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 2:37pm
It's a staple of a Midwestern summer! :mrgreen:
I regularly skip beer when all that's available is stuff like that. I didn't start drinking beer until sufficient variety became available and I learned that beer could taste good.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

£2.99 for 4 quality beers, bargain. Great for these summer evenings. Highly recommend to UK IMCTers, Aldi is your place to go.

In comparison and out of interest USAers, how much would 4x500ml cans cost you over there?
Attachments
download.jpeg.jpg
download.jpeg.jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 2156 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 4:41pm
£2.99 for 4 quality beers, bargain. Great for these summer evenings. Highly recommend to UK IMCTers, Aldi is your place to go.

In comparison and out of interest USAers, how much would 4x500ml cans cost you over there?
It would depend on the beer. My local store sells some good beers for 8 to 9 dollars fo9r a 4x16oz.

Also the weather means nothing lpllto me .as far as what I

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 10:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 4:41pm

It would depend on the beer. My local store sells some good beers for 8 to 9 dollars fo9r a 4x16oz.

Also the weather means nothing lpllto me .as far as what I
Save it for the shamerd thread.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

9e88f0beda7bffab395f9b396d327e2d_640x640.jpg
9e88f0beda7bffab395f9b396d327e2d_640x640.jpg (72.61 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
I bought a sixer of this swill last weekend at Trader Joe's. It was cheap - which isn't typically how I choose my beer - but I was curious to see how a cheap beer from a place like Trader Joe's would taste. They're famous for their "Two Buck Chuck" which is surprisingly decent (at least some varieties) for a cheap wine.

This beer was not good. It was water and had a weird "fruity" taste to it. It did pack a decent punch and I finished off all six cans (waste not, want not)...but I will never purchase it again.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 12:17pm

I bought a sixer of this swill last weekend at Trader Joe's. It was cheap - which isn't typically how I choose my beer - but I was curious to see how a cheap beer from a place like Trader Joe's would taste. They're famous for their "Two Buck Chuck" which is surprisingly decent (at least some varieties) for a cheap wine.

This beer was not good. It was water and had a weird "fruity" taste to it. It did pack a decent punch and I finished off all six cans (waste not, want not)...but I will never purchase it again.
Their cheaper lagers are drinkable but not good.

Frankly, I’m mostly IPA’d out these days. I have a couple of Zombie Dusts in my fridge and that’ll do me for a while.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 12:17pm

8.4%, an alcohol percentage that gets the job done.