Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
rcs
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Beer REVIVED!

Post by rcs »

Wolter wrote:
rcs wrote:
matedog wrote:Sam Adams ran some ads a couple years ago about how green bottles are bad for beer so it seems pretty well known now at least.
oh, how wrong Sam Adams can be....

Rolling Rock is kinda meh. There. I said it.
so are you. There. I said it.
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
rcs wrote:
matedog wrote:Sam Adams ran some ads a couple years ago about how green bottles are bad for beer so it seems pretty well known now at least.

You are too kind sir.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:
rcs wrote:

You are too kind sir.
Well, any port in a storm, as evidenced by rule 3.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
rcs wrote:

I wouldn't rate it too high above Bud/Coors level. Look how light it is too. Beer shouldn't be that light unless it is cloudy. Or maybe summer.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

matedog wrote:Look how light it is too. Beer shouldn't be that light unless it is cloudy. Or maybe summer.
or, you're having 12-15... then, you need 'em light....
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

matedog

Post by matedog »

rcs wrote:
matedog wrote:Look how light it is too. Beer shouldn't be that light unless it is cloudy. Or maybe summer.
or, you're having 12-15... then, you need 'em light....
True. And I agree with the Gutterman, there is a time and place for cheap light beer.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

In order:

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

Red star 69
Dirty Punk

Post by Red star 69 »

If there is one good thing about living in Germany it´s go to be the wide range of good beer!
At the moment I´m into Köstritzer which is a light tasting black beer but a lot of breweries do seasonal beers... Mai Bock, Oktoberfest Bier, Märzer and so on.
The general opinion in Germany is that Americans can´t make decent beer... I tend to agree although I am also willing to believe that some of the small breweries probably churn out some drinkable brew.
When back in the UK I drink Stones best bitter.
The root of all faults, all failings, is nothing other than ignorance. This ignorance is like mistaking a heap of stones on the horizon for a human figure; it has no basis whatsoever, which means that even the source of of these faults and failings does not exist.
Tertón Sogyal, Tibet, Summer 1900

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Red star 69 wrote:If there is one good thing about living in Germany it´s go to be the wide range of good beer!
At the moment I´m into Köstritzer which is a light tasting black beer but a lot of breweries do seasonal beers... Mai Bock, Oktoberfest Bier, Märzer and so on.
The general opinion in Germany is that Americans can´t make decent beer... I tend to agree although I am also willing to believe that some of the small breweries probably churn out some drinkable brew.
The general opinion of Germans is wrong then. I've never been to Germany so I won't judge their beer making capabilities by the crappy stuff that gets imported over here (Becks, St. Pauli Girl, DAB, Lowenbrau and a host of others, usually just crappy lagers in green bottles). In my various trips outside of the US I've never come across an American made beer that I would drink so I can see how that misconception could be formed. When I was in Japan I saw cans of American made beer that I'd never heard of ans would never consider drinking.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:The general opinion of Germans is wrong then. I've never been to Germany so I won't judge their beer making capabilities by the crappy stuff that gets imported over here (Becks, St. Pauli Girl, DAB, Lowenbrau and a host of others, usually just crappy lagers in green bottles). In my various trips outside of the US I've never come across an American made beer that I would drink so I can see how that misconception could be formed. When I was in Japan I saw cans of American made beer that I'd never heard of ans would never consider drinking.
Bingo.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
Red star 69 wrote:If there is one good thing about living in Germany it´s go to be the wide range of good beer!
The general opinion of Germans is wrong then. I've never been to Germany so I won't judge their beer making capabilities by the crappy stuff that gets imported over here (Becks, St. Pauli Girl, DAB, Lowenbrau and a host of others, usually just crappy lagers in green bottles). In my various trips outside of the US I've never come across an American made beer that I would drink so I can see how that misconception could be formed. When I was in Japan I saw cans of American made beer that I'd never heard of ans would never consider drinking.
Very true. The microbrews are pretty popular nationwide which usually leads to a good choice of big micros and local micros and nearly every bar you go to. And for the record, they taste nothing like Budweiser and Coors. Another generalization: California and Colorado have the best microbrews.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Very true. The microbrews are pretty popular nationwide which usually leads to a good choice of big micros and local micros and nearly every bar you go to. And for the record, they taste nothing like Budweiser and Coors. Another generalization: California and Colorado have the best microbrews.
Not that we had time to drink any before that incredibly wasted guy got us kicked out of Goose Island, but Chicago does NOT have any good microbrews that I know of.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

revbob wrote:
I like a few fairly common German imports. Bitburger being the one that stands out most.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Not that we had time to drink any before that incredibly wasted guy got us kicked out of Goose Island, but Chicago does NOT have any good microbrews that I know of.
I remember drinking mostly Sam Adams Winter at the Cut the Crap Cougar bar. And then moving onto hard alcohol.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
St. Louis has a great microbrew called Schlafly (nothing to do with Phyllis). I chalk it up to being the same kind of thing like when I lived in Salt Lake City. In a place that is so stifling, you are going to have a pretty decent underground/alternative scene. That's what Schlafly is to Budweiser (or should I say AB-InBev).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy