Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:01pm
Thanks everyone. I didnt mean to come across as an attention seeker. I had a bit more to drink than usual last night along with some time alone to reflect on things. And that was the result.

I do appreciate the camaraderie here. We give each other a good ribbing but we've shown we're also there for each other.

Like I said earlier today plenty of people worse off than I right now.

And yeah that Eaglesmania is all sold out Flex. Im hoping I can score a quality boot of the performance. And a trip out Colorado way may be in order for this summer.
Have a hit of the Montpellier Tit with some black strap rum stirred in. Good stuff.

I move to Boston on March 1.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 11:16pm

I move to Boston on March 1.
Then you aren't JD Martinez.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 6:01pm
Thanks everyone. I didnt mean to come across as an attention seeker. I had a bit more to drink than usual last night along with some time alone to reflect on things. And that was the result.
We luvz ya in these parts, buddy. And now I'M the one with a couple drinks in me! ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Came across thus in the store today. Thought Flex should know.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

oh shit FLEX WANTS
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 8:18pm
Pretty much sums it up for me...;)
Crazy thing is I used to swear I'd never be a craft beer drinker - it was too hipster...but then I actually started drinking them and realized beer could taste interesting...and now I struggle to down a Coors Light.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 8:39pm
Crazy thing is I used to swear I'd never be a craft beer drinker - it was too hipster...but then I actually started drinking them and realized beer could taste interesting...and now I struggle to down a Coors Light.
I'm in the same camp. I never cared much for beer—that cheap-ass big brewery lager shit. I ended up a rye drinker because beer did zilch for me. But slowly the beer market opened up and I discovered that I love stouts and amber ales. Wow, holy crap, beer can have an exciting flavour? What a fucking concept.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 8:49pm
WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 8:39pm
I'm in the same camp. I never cared much for beer—that cheap-ass big brewery lager shit. I ended up a rye drinker because beer did zilch for me. But slowly the beer market opened up and I discovered that I love stouts and amber ales. Wow, holy crap, beer can have an exciting flavour? What a fucking concept.
I always liked beer - but I grew up like most Wisconsin kids just drinking that big brewery lager...it was all Miller High Life and stuff like that and it to not drink it had a negative connotation around these parts. It was what your grandpa drank and your dad drank and to turn your back on it was to suddenly become a hipster and to turn your back on the lads...but as I got older I started getting curious and yeah - once you learn beer can have all sorts of different flavors - you just can't go back. Sure, on a hot summer day I'll still put away my share of big brewery crap - but any other time I'm going to try something different - I'm going to actually enjoy drinking it (versus just drinking to get drunk). The beer industry in Wisconsin had been so stale for so long - but over the past 20 years the craft industry has just exploded.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 11:54am
I'm going to actually enjoy drinking it (versus just drinking to get drunk).
Bingo. I stopped drinking altogether around 2002 because (a) I only drank to get drunk and (b) it was no longer enjoyable (I've always been debilitated by hangovers). So I quit altogether for about five years until at my sister's for Thanksgiving and I was persuaded to have wine. I drink regularly now—I make my own wine—but I stop at a couple. Enough to be relaxed, but not drunk (I've overdone it maybe 4 or 5 times since). Maybe the most mature shift of my life.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I had a pint of prosecco which was left over from my wedding, as well as some gin. It fucked the entire next day. Also had some gin that was a gift from Kevin and his lady. And a few red stripes. I was as useful as a dying sloth. Reminded me of why the hell I cut back so much in the first place.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 6:24pm
Pffft! If they were accurately reflecting their roots, that would be a Zinfandel...since most triple-decker condo conversions in Southie these days come with a wine chiller built in under the granite countertops. :naughty:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 6:24pm
Pffft! If they were accurately reflecting their roots, that would be a Zinfandel...since most triple-decker condo conversions in Southie these days come with a wine chiller built in under the granite countertops. :naughty:
I saw an abandoned hookah on the street in front of the police station in Southie today.
Attachments
A2299BC8-3B6B-41F9-A7C1-7648502171FE.jpeg
A2299BC8-3B6B-41F9-A7C1-7648502171FE.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 4337 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Fuck me I'm hitting it hard tonight. Beer aint gonna be enough.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 7:43pm
Fuck me I'm hitting it hard tonight. Beer aint gonna be enough.
Forty Creek rye, if you can find it. Smooth as the carpet you pass out on.