Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:36pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:33pm
Flex wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 2:50pm
i miss the solid mid-tier reliability of harpoon.
I miss when they didn't do 10 different types of ipa.
The original was my college jam. I still like it’s balance and thrust quench on hot days. I miss Catamount too.
Catamount the original VT micro brew

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss claims I've had this before—it was gifted to her but I drank it—but I bought it because she liked the buffalo picture. Nevertheless, really smooth, just a wee bit sweet.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:29pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:36pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 5:33pm
Flex wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 2:50pm
i miss the solid mid-tier reliability of harpoon.
I miss when they didn't do 10 different types of ipa.
The original was my college jam. I still like it’s balance and thrust quench on hot days. I miss Catamount too.
Catamount the original VT micro brew

I drank my weight in Catty Porter in 1995. I’m sure of it.*

*my 1995 weight

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 6:52pm

The Boss claims I've had this before—it was gifted to her but I drank it—but I bought it because she liked the buffalo picture. Nevertheless, really smooth, just a wee bit sweet.
It’s good. It’s not better than the price above Beam. It might even be the Beam people. Liquor ought not put on heirs.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ba-ba-banana, this ain't Havana. Its fucking cold and wet, so time for some hot cider and rum.
20181025_221701.jpg

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 10:19pm
Ba-ba-banana, this ain't Havana. Its fucking cold and wet, so time for some hot cider and rum.

20181025_221701.jpg
Yes sir!

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 6:43pm
So, is "Clash of lagers" a compliment or some kind of reference to betrayal?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Rat Patrol wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 7:32pm
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
But are they mean drunks, or do the berries mellow them out?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
Meanwhile, in Spiffisota: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gi ... e1fe3c1a15
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
Spiff wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
This makes me think of a story my sister told me. Back in the early 70s, she was friends with an Arab living in Saskatchewan. He was also a firm pacifist. So they were walking in a park in Regina when a large bird—can't recall what kind, but presumably a small hawk of some sort—swooped down to get a mouse. This guy runs at it, waving his arms, and the bird drops the mouse. Arab pacifist feels he's done well for the little guy. But that bird seemingly made a note of him because for days on end, when he walked thru the park the bird would buzz him and shriek. The guy eventually phoned the city to complain about the racist birds in the park (and I'm guessing the city took the bird's side because Saskatchewan is racist and isn't keen on flakes). Anyway, birds are probably mean drunks and pacifists are often goofs.
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
That also just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do - you don't interrupt the circle of life, man.
No, he was breaking the cycle of violence that plagues birds and mice. :huh:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:09pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Doesn't he care about the birds and mice in Chicago?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:09pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:

Doesn't he care about the birds and mice in Chicago?
Why Chicago?