Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.
Word.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.

Enjoying a nice oatmeal stout right now.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Footage of Doc extolling the virtues of his wine: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... vi/2872692
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.
It's stupid easy. (Would I be able to do it if it took skill?). It's just about keeping the carboys clean and siphoning back and forth a few times. The whole process takes about a month. All you need is room for all the shit and to endure the start-up costs of the equipment. After that, it's about a buck a bottle.
Flex wrote:Footage of Doc extolling the virtues of his wine: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... vi/2872692
Thank you copyright protection for keeping me from being exposed to Will Ferrell.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:Its cool that you make your own wine Doc. I thought that was a process that took a much longer time.

Enjoying a nice oatmeal stout right now.
My favorite beer. I wish I could like wine more, but I have a very un-refined palate I guess. I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.

It is very cool that Doc makes wine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:I like sangria, which is basically like Bartles and James.
I've never had sangria. Whenever I've thought about ordering it, I feared it would just be mildly alcoholic kool-aid.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've never had sangria. Whenever I've thought about ordering it, I feared it would just be mildly alcoholic kool-aid.
I try to avoid sweetened booze. The sugar gives me the quick boost that turns to a crash headache. The only sangria I really have liked is the white wine variety (Sav. Blanc or something).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I try to avoid sweetened booze. The sugar gives me the quick boost that turns to a crash headache. The only sangria I really have liked is the white wine variety (Sav. Blanc or something).
Never had any negative physiological effects, only a sense of being ripped off somehow.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I fucking love Sangria.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:I fucking love Sangria.
I've never had Sangria but every time I hear the word I think 9f those cheese Beefsteak Charlie's commercials from the 80s. Blah blah blah and all the beer wine or sangria you can drink

Last edited by revbob on 14 Oct 2016, 4:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.
Also good.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
Wolter wrote:I fucking love Sangria.
I've never had Sangria but every time I hear the word I think 9f those cheese Beefsteak Charlie's commercials from the 80s. Blah blah blah and all the beer wine or sangria you can drink

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.

Buy the ball bag massager.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone own an oak bottle? I have some airmiles to cash in soon and in the catalogue I came across this thing, a bottle made of oak that claims to seriously elevate the taste of the booze poured into it, assuming you let it sit for a day or two. It's going for a couple hundred dollars on Amazon and there's no way I'd ever spend real money on that, but blowing airmiles is another thing.

Buy the ball bag massager.
My choices are limited, sir. The other possibility is a whiskey decanter set.