Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:Image
Never heard of this beer.

Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:Dennis Farina's xenophobia is remarkable.
and now he's dead.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:

It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:

It's actually unremarkable amongst the sort of Chicago Guys who drink Old Style.

It's basically on par with a PBR-style cheap canned beer. It's very localized to probably the Chicago/Milwaukee axis, and is a favorite of older Cubs fans and younger Cubs fans trying to look like older Cubs fans. I've drank a LOT of it over the years.
Is that why you mocked my shorts and grabbed random peoples' beers you were certain were from New York?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:

Is that why you mocked my shorts and grabbed random peoples' beers you were certain were from New York?
This sounds like a fun time

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:

I also kept checking where their salsas were made.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
I look forward to you throwing your arm around Heston and belting the worst of KISS.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:It is officially autumn, and so I celebrate with rye. My liver is used to wine, so I suspect that I will be especially vulnerable this evening.
I look forward to you throwing your arm around Heston and belting the worst of KISS.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I am now daahn the pub.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
You know how to make it not taste like homemade battery acid? Or you've gotten used to the taste of homemade battery acid?

I have never known a person who was successfully able to make homemade wine that wasn't a more effective paint stripper than drink. Whereas I know lots of people who could barely pull the tab off a beer with success who are now total homebrewing savants.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss got tired of the shiraz that I've been making for years—tired of grape perfection?!?—and insisted that I make a couple batches of cabernet. Never been a fan of cabs—too fruity tasting for my liking—but after a dozen bottles or so over the past few weeks, I've warmed to it. It also helps that homemade wine definitely has a higher alcohol content, but I've adjusted to the much smoother taste.
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Kory wrote:
I enjoy a cab if it's on the darker side. Certainly much better than a merlot.
I'm a Malbec man myself.