Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Jesus fuck, that seems even scarier now than at the time. It's madness to think that goalies didn't wear masks from the start.
I always like Gerry Cheevers stitches mask.

Tying this back to booze, I watch a documentary about Derek Sanderson last night that was great. It's a boozy one.
http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/watch- ... sanderson/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I always like Gerry Cheevers stitches mask.

I remember the story at the time that every time he got hit in the face, he added another stitch. Which I assume now was just a cutesy tale to spice it all up. But, definitely, bad-ass design.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:

I remember the story at the time that every time he got hit in the face, he added another stitch. Which I assume now was just a cutesy tale to spice it all up. But, definitely, bad-ass design.
It's hard out there for a goalie, just ask Terry Shawchuk.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Exactly! It's not even like he was sacrificing his face for an income vastly in excess of the average annual take back then. Insane.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'll spare y'all the Clint Malarchuck gif.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater

matedog wrote: I'll spare y'all the Clint Malarchuck gif.
Thank you. I can't bare to watch that one. It was said at the time that if the trainer who sutured him was in the far bench rather than the closer one he would have been too late.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
matedog wrote: I'll spare y'all the Clint Malarchuck gif.
Thank you. I can't bare to watch that one. It was said at the time that if the trainer who sutured him was in the far bench rather than the closer one he would have been too late.
Ugh, even thinking about this made me shudder.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyway, I'm having some more of that peat-y, peet-y, smokey whiskey, got a dvd of Swans from 2013 playing (at least until the ballgame), and I'm working on edits to the diss that my supervisor suggested. This is what you have to look forward to in your late 40s, young 'uns.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyway, I'm having some more of that peat-y, peet-y, smokey whiskey, got a dvd of Swans from 2013 playing (at least until the ballgame), and I'm working on edits to the diss that my supervisor suggested. This is what you have to look forward to in your late 40s, young 'uns.
This is my exact same Friday ritual.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyway, I'm having some more of that peat-y, peet-y, smokey whiskey, got a dvd of Swans from 2013 playing (at least until the ballgame), and I'm working on edits to the diss that my supervisor suggested. This is what you have to look forward to in your late 40s, young 'uns.
This is my exact same Friday ritual.
Cheers, you old fucker.

(I've had too much, too early in the evening.)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:This is for you, Hoy: http://adequateman.deadspin.com/please- ... 1782187808
BLL is not terrible.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

God damn, this thread documents pretty well my descent from casual interest in craft to full blown beer nerd who does beercations, camps out for beer releases, and drops absurd amounts of money on beer.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:Image
He's probably upset for losing that Fully Krausened flavor.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"