Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35674
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Aug 2008, 5:01am

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:101, it looks like we may be taking Saha off your hands, is he any good? I know he's injured a lot.
We also signed Malbranque and Chimbonda this week, I'm starting to get excited!
Yes Saha is good but he wont play he will be injured !!!
Saha is crap and not just because of being constantly injured but because of his workrate he never gives 100% in a match, whereas players like Rooney will chase down a lost cause and go looking for the ball Saha is only any good when the ball is played into his feet.
Image
Image

Purple Hayes
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 7:54am
Location: Still scoring from corners..

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Purple Hayes » 04 Aug 2008, 4:01pm

Looking good, I'm quietly confident...
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14875
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 04 Aug 2008, 10:16pm

Usual top 3 with Scousers coming up on the outside. Too many variables to take into account at this stage of the season but whoever finishes above Man U will win it.

tosh
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 799
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 8:50pm
Location: Scouser in California

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by tosh » 05 Aug 2008, 4:08pm

I'd like to think we can challenge this year, got the strikeforce at least to compete so we shall see as we get going.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14875
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 05 Aug 2008, 8:31pm

tosh wrote:I'd like to think we can challenge this year, got the strikeforce at least to compete so we shall see as we get going.
I agree with the strikeforce being strong Ive always rated Keane, but further back a lot depends on Gerard as usual.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35674
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Aug 2008, 12:13am

101Walterton wrote:
tosh wrote:I'd like to think we can challenge this year, got the strikeforce at least to compete so we shall see as we get going.
I agree with the strikeforce being strong Ive always rated Keane, but further back a lot depends on Gerard as usual.
Could've been contenders last season but always too inconsistent for too long, Keane should give you a good edge along with Torres, he will bag you 25 goals a season. But I have to agree with 101 it all depends on Gerrard and the peripheral players.
Image
Image

Purple Hayes
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 7:54am
Location: Still scoring from corners..

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Purple Hayes » 07 Aug 2008, 12:57am

Liverpools challenge will depend on their injury list, I don't think they have decent replacements for their key players but if Gerrard, Torres and Carragher stay fit they've got a chance..

Arsenal will stuff the weaker teams but come unstuck against the big guns again and Fabregas will piss-off at Christmas..

Man U have bought nobody yet, have already got a few injurys and an outbreak of some nasty tropical disease, Ronnie going all Hollywood and wanting to fuck off wont have helped team morale either. Bet the Ferglers praying for a good start..

Chelsea or "All new exciting sexy samba Chelsea" are looking good pre-season, the ball is being moved around with pace, Deco's sliding passes in-behind defences with slide rule accuracy. The midfield looks like being Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Deco with Boszwinga and Cole bombing forward to provide width, a motivated Drogba is unplayable and Le Sulk's found his shooting boots at last........Decent subs too JCole, SWP, Mikkel, Kalou, Malouda, Alex, Bridge, Sheva....Lookin good :mrgreen:
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35674
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Aug 2008, 1:43am

Good assessment of the state of play so far PH gonna be interesting.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14875
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 07 Aug 2008, 2:41am

Purple Hayes wrote:Liverpools challenge will depend on their injury list, I don't think they have decent replacements for their key players but if Gerrard, Torres and Carragher stay fit they've got a chance..

Arsenal will stuff the weaker teams but come unstuck against the big guns again and Fabregas will piss-off at Christmas..

Man U have bought nobody yet, have already got a few injurys and an outbreak of some nasty tropical disease, Ronnie going all Hollywood and wanting to fuck off wont have helped team morale either. Bet the Ferglers praying for a good start..

Chelsea or "All new exciting sexy samba Chelsea" are looking good pre-season, the ball is being moved around with pace, Deco's sliding passes in-behind defences with slide rule accuracy. The midfield looks like being Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Deco with Boszwinga and Cole bombing forward to provide width, a motivated Drogba is unplayable and Le Sulk's found his shooting boots at last........Decent subs too JCole, SWP, Mikkel, Kalou, Malouda, Alex, Bridge, Sheva....Lookin good :mrgreen:
but you know things never go to plan !!!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35674
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Aug 2008, 2:50pm

Well looks like Rooney's diet plan ain't working.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14875
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 09 Aug 2008, 10:36pm

Marky Dread wrote:Well looks like Rooney's diet plan ain't working.
Obviously taken before the Nigeria trip !!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35674
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Aug 2008, 7:52am

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Well looks like Rooney's diet plan ain't working.
Obviously taken before the Nigeria trip !!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image
Image

Purple Hayes
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 7:54am
Location: Still scoring from corners..

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Purple Hayes » 13 Aug 2008, 8:16am

Last weeks friendly between Maidstone Utd and Welling, the keeper has just let in a really soft goal and the fans let him know what they think of him... :mrgreen:

Image
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22615
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by eumaas » 13 Aug 2008, 8:17am

Purple Hayes wrote:Last weeks friendly between Maidstone Utd and Welling, the keeper has just let in a really soft goal and the fans let him know what they think of him... :mrgreen:

Image
AHAHAH
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14875
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 13 Aug 2008, 4:58pm

Synchronised supporting is to be included as an Olympic Sport at 2012 London gmaes

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests