The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2024 Edition

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Kaleb Horton Deceased Latvian Foreign Minister Thread, 2024 Edition

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 11:52pm
revbob wrote:
07 Mar 2024, 11:20pm
Sparky wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:02pm
Jim Beard, keyboard player for Steely Dan, aged 63.

https://variety.com/2024/music/people-n ... 235932786/
Condolences to Doc
Hello,

Doc's not here...he's practicing his keyboards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking for his big break.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Doc. May his memory be a blessing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never ever forget that you are all awful people and my sole goal in surviving is so that I can slip a copy of Aja in your coffin so you can ride with Steely Dan for all eternity. :naughty:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 2:38pm
Never ever forget that you are all awful people and my sole goal in surviving is so that I can slip a copy of Aja in your coffin so you can ride with Steely Dan for all eternity. :naughty:
I understand your desire to share your favorite artist with everyone you meet but take a hint already

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 2:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I understand your desire to share your favorite artist with everyone you meet but take a hint already
I've already consulted with a voodoo priest to put a curse on you while you're still alive. If all goes right, you'll be begging for death's release. Which is when Part 2 of the plan begins.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Sad to hear about passing of Vince Power. Not a name that will resonate with most here, I imagine, but he was a significant figure on the London music scene from the 80s onwards, owner of the Mean Fiddler in Harlesden among other venues. Had many great nights and saw a ton of great acts there.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 3:10pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've already consulted with a voodoo priest to put a curse on you while you're still alive. If all goes right, you'll be begging for death's release. Which is when Part 2 of the plan begins.
Isn't Donald Fagen their keyboard player or did he farm out the keyboard work so he could concentrate on just being one cool dude ... :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 6:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Isn't Donald Fagen their keyboard player or did he farm out the keyboard work so he could concentrate on just being one cool dude ... :mrgreen:
Y'know, I originally had you on my enemies list but I got soft and took you off. You're back on. In ink.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 6:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Y'know, I originally had you on my enemies list but I got soft and took you off. You're back on. In ink.
Hello,

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 6:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 6:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hello,

I'm old school:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Low Down Low wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 5:15pm
Sad to hear about passing of Vince Power. Not a name that will resonate with most here, I imagine, but he was a significant figure on the London music scene from the 80s onwards, owner of the Mean Fiddler in Harlesden among other venues. Had many great nights and saw a ton of great acts there.
I did see Imelda May mentioned his passing too.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 7:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 5:15pm
I did see Imelda May mentioned his passing too.
Yeah and saw other tributes from a few of the Pogues and other well known musicians too. Was a genuinely larger than life figure. Around the mid 90s he organised a festival in the little south of Ireland town he grew up in and put on a bill that included Dylan, Joan Baez, Van Morrison, Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis and a host of others. I imagine it probably drove him to the brink of bankruptcy but it was a truly amazing show to put on.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

One of the bands I discovered through 120 Minutes back in the day. Karl Wallinger was one helluva songwriter. I don’t dig Robbie Williams, but his biggest hit was palatable because it was originally a Wallinger tune. RIP.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm not a fan so I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I found this in depth article that analyzed Jim Beard's role in SD.

https://www.quora.com/What-will-the-Jim ... eplaced-by
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 8:32pm

One of the bands I discovered through 120 Minutes back in the day. Karl Wallinger was one helluva songwriter. I don’t dig Robbie Williams, but his biggest hit was palatable because it was originally a Wallinger tune. RIP.
Wrote some cool stuff. "Way Down" is a favourite of mine. RIP Karl.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia