I hope they have alibis

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

I hope they have alibis

Post by JennyB »

I'm talking to you Hooksy, and especially Suzanne, the master criminal:

Mystery Feet Wash Up On Canada's Shore
Five Severed Feet Have Been Discovered Bobbing In The Water In Less Than A Year
(AP) A fifth human foot in a year has washed ashore off the coast of British Columbia, and this time it's a left one.

Police said two people out for a walk spotted the left foot floating in water off Westham Island on Monday morning.

Delta Police Const. Sharlene Brooks said officials are working with the B.C. Coroner's office to see if this foot is linked to any other partial remains recovered in the province.

Westham Island is at the mouth of the Fraser River, about 15 miles south of Vancouver.

"A passerby noticed a shoe floating in the water, pulled it in and notified police," Brooks said. "We're treating it as a criminal investigation."

While the similarities to the other found feet is strong, she said there's no indication this foot is related to the other cases.

"We're certainly not discounting the possibility that this may be linked to the other recovered feet, but it's just too premature and very speculative for us to even entertain that right now," she said.

The last foot was found May 22 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River, about one mile away from Monday's discovery.

The first in the series was found nearly a year ago on Jedidiah Island in the Strait of Georgia. Within days, another right foot was found inside a man's Reebok sneaker on nearby Gabriola Island. The third was found in the same area, on the east side of Valdez Island in early February.

The origin on any of the remains is still unknown.

"This might take a long time," Brooks said. "This is not CSI." She said in order to identify the foot, other remains from the body or identifying material such as a DNA would be needed. "It's going to be pretty difficult."

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police has said there's no evidence the feet were severed or removed from the victims' legs by force.

Curtis Ebbesmeyer, an oceanographer based in Seattle, Wash., said when a human body is submerged in the ocean, the main parts like arms, legs, hands, feet and the head are usually what come off the body.

He said his theory is that the feet came along as a result of an accident that might have happened up along the Fraser River, that washed down and spread out along the Straight of Georgia.

Ebbesmeyer said when the third foot was found the feet could have drifted from as far as 1,000 miles away. Ebbesmeyer said the feet could have been severed or detached from their bodies on their own.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I hope they have alibis

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I live nowhere near BC and that's all I'll say on that. Suzanne, on the other hand …. And she's a well known master criminal.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Must...hold...out...no...Canada....jokes....
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:Must...hold...out...no...Canada....jokes....
If you make it a BC joke, that's cool.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wouldn't BC forego the joke to talk about Jesus. Even though they're CAVEMEN!!!!

Oh...BRITISH COLUMBIA!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wouldn't BC forego the joke to talk about Jesus. Even though they're CAVEMEN!!!!
What's the problem? It's been established that there were dinosaurs on the ark, so it makes sense that cavemen riding around on primitive unicycles would be aware of Jesus.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
What about Newfie jokes? When I was a youngin I recall my cousins from Ottawa were found of telling Newfie jokes.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote: A fifth human foot in a year has washed ashore off the coast of British Columbia, and this time it's a left one.
That sounds straight out of a movie trailer. "And this time...it's a left one"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote: A fifth human foot in a year has washed ashore off the coast of British Columbia, and this time it's a left one.
That sounds straight out of a movie trailer. "And this time...it's a left one"
"In a world where only right feet wash ashore....this time, it's a left one."
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What about Newfie jokes? When I was a youngin I recall my cousins from Ottawa were found of telling Newfie jokes.
When I was a kid, Newfie joke and Ukrainian jokes were common. I think Ukrainian jokes (really, Polish jokes in the US) fell out of favour in Saskatchewan because of acculturation. All the old timers still have the accent, but those my age have no distinctiveness whatsoever. I dunno why I don't hear Newfie jokes anymore. Maybe because Maritimers really dominate comedy at the CBC (Rick Mercer, for example, is easily the funniest man in Canada—he is all but an institution at this point).

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

It's a new surrealist art form.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
When I was a kid, Newfie joke and Ukrainian jokes were common. I think Ukrainian jokes (really, Polish jokes in the US) fell out of favour in Saskatchewan because of acculturation. All the old timers still have the accent, but those my age have no distinctiveness whatsoever. I dunno why I don't hear Newfie jokes anymore. Maybe because Maritimers really dominate comedy at the CBC (Rick Mercer, for example, is easily the funniest man in Canada—he is all but an institution at this point).
I thought the funniest man in Canada was Mike Bullard :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He might the funniest guy stocking shelves at Superstore in Kitchener … (Let me guess, he's still on tv or radio locally?).

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: If you make it a BC joke, that's cool.
He might the funniest guy stocking shelves at Superstore in Kitchener … (Let me guess, he's still on tv or radio locally?).
Hahaha! From Wikipedia:

"Currently, he is the host of the TV show HouseCapades, a real estate show depicting the lighter side of selling one's home."

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote: What about Newfie jokes? When I was a youngin I recall my cousins from Ottawa were found of telling Newfie jokes.
Hahaha! From Wikipedia:

"Currently, he is the host of the TV show HouseCapades, a real estate show depicting the lighter side of selling one's home."
Hey! I love shows like that. I think most of HGTV's lineup comes from Canada anyway.
Got a Rake? Sure!