AI-yi-yi

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: AI-yi-yi

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
02 May 2023, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2023, 7:25pm
Mimi wrote:
02 May 2023, 7:04pm
This is educational.

Heard about this a few weeks back. Once again, it comes back to undermining our capacity to assess information. But, hey, AI means more leisure time!
I like the suggestion of using code words. Pretty soon we're not going to know who to trust. Wheeeee! Good times.
"Send me a severed finger or toe or I'm calling bullshit, Mr. 'Kidnapper.'"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2023, 7:34pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
This is educational.

Heard about this a few weeks back. Once again, it comes back to undermining our capacity to assess information. But, hey, AI means more leisure time!
I like the suggestion of using code words. Pretty soon we're not going to know who to trust. Wheeeee! Good times.
:lol:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Mimi wrote:
02 May 2023, 8:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
This is educational.

Hello,

While this may seem clever, there's no need for code words. "Tell me my favorite hockey team", "Tell me where I worked last Summer", etc. will do - although an ear will work as well (Getty it?).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
02 May 2023, 9:25pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

While this may seem clever, there's no need for code words. "Tell me my favorite hockey team", "Tell me where I worked last Summer", etc. will do - although an ear will work as well (Getty it?).
Well bowled, old person.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2023, 9:33pm
gkbill wrote:
02 May 2023, 9:25pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Hello,

Well bowled, old person.
Hello,

Thank you, my fellow veteran.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I've seen quite a few Paul McCartney AI vids, they usually suck but some are quite interesting. If they could redo his last albu with his 1966 voice would be interesting. Similar would be if they could make Mick Jagger's voice go back to 1972, imagine the possibilities of that.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

coffeepotman wrote:
05 May 2023, 6:00pm
I've seenthey usually suck but some are quite interesting.
Ah, so AI has perfected the solo Macca experience, then
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

This was a lot more interesting than I was anticipating. I didn't even feel the need to change the playback speed. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 May 2023, 7:03pm
This was a lot more interesting than I was anticipating. I didn't even feel the need to change the playback speed. :shifty:

His point about technology always moving forward is important, tho perhaps not how he means it. To me, it's about how the ideology of progress has a momentum of its own and that human beings have to constantly adapt to an evolving environment created by technological change. We're reactive. We're not driving the car, we're the passengers. And the more powerful the technological "advances," the less resistance to we can muster.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2023, 9:46am
:lol: nice one

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2023, 9:53am
Mimi wrote:

His point about technology always moving forward is important, tho perhaps not how he means it. To me, it's about how the ideology of progress has a momentum of its own and that human beings have to constantly adapt to an evolving environment created by technological change. We're reactive. We're not driving the car, we're the passengers. And the more powerful the technological "advances," the less resistance to we can muster.
We like shiny new things that's for sure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

More to the point, we are taught to like them—to crave them—to the point that being skeptical makes you a nut. For example, what's your gut reaction to hearing someone described as a Luddite or of being wary of progress?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:28am
Mimi wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

More to the point, we are taught to like them—to crave them—to the point that being skeptical makes you a nut. For example, what's your gut reaction to hearing someone described as a Luddite or of being wary of progress?
The rejoinder is always "it's not the technology per se, we just have to be careful with how people use it!" And it's like... yeah, I know it's the people, that's the why I'm incredibly worried.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »