The TV Show because Im too drunk and lazy to find the old thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: The TV Show because Im too drunk and lazy to find the old thread

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 7:11pm
So last night Im watching the XFiles with my son. First epsisode.

I tell him this was like the best show from the 90s. And he just tears it the fuck a part. He pucks up in the Mulder Scully dynamic right away and goes "so is this how all the episodes go?" And Im like all timidly uh sort of.

WTF?
You should have come at him Mulder-style with sarcasm. "Oh, sorry this show doesn't vape enough tide pods at a gender reveal party for you, hashtag Trust No One."
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 7:11pm
So last night Im watching the XFiles with my son. First epsisode.

I tell him this was like the best show from the 90s. And he just tears it the fuck a part. He pucks up in the Mulder Scully dynamic right away and goes "so is this how all the episodes go?" And Im like all timidly uh sort of.

WTF?
You should have come at him Mulder-style with sarcasm. "Oh, sorry this show doesn't vape enough tide pods at a gender reveal party for you, hashtag Trust No One."
I expect he wants to believe. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

The Mike Tyson Mystery Team is fucking hilarious.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

folks, some Hero has uploaded what seem to be the original, truly uncut episodes of northern exposure to the internet archive:

NE is not available to stream anywhere - never has been best as I can tell - and because of licensing issues has only been made available on DVD in North American and most of the world with almost all the original music removed and replaced with generic shit. The german blu ray release from a few years ago, however, had the original music used intact (and without dubs or subs) and that /seems/ to be the source used here (from me sampling a few random episodes and looking for music cues).

No chance in hell this doesn't get taken down, so watch and download while you can!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Oh damn
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Also, slightly less urgent, but I noticed Hulu now has the entire run of St. Elsewhere available for streaming (it was just season one for many, many years). So that's another tv streaming white whale slain by the passage of time.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 10:26pm
Also, slightly less urgent, but I noticed Hulu now has the entire run of St. Elsewhere available for streaming (it was just season one for many, many years). So that's another tv streaming white whale slain by the passage of time.
I have greymarket dvd's and a local channel ran it a few years ago. It still holds up really, really well.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
I love St. Elswhere.

So, fun fact (and I may have mentioned this, so apologies in advance), but my dad was fraternity brothers with Bruce Paltrow (Goop's dad and producer of St. Elsewhere). There's a scene in the episode when Howie Mandel's character turns 30 and has a bit of a midlife crisis. He puts on TH's Psycho Killer and says "this reminds me of my Sammy days at Tulane." Sammy is the nickname for the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity and Tulane is where they went. My dad always got a big kick out of that. Paul Michael Glaser and Dick Rudolph (music producer, husband of Minnie Ripperton and Maya's dad) were also in that frat. My dad was really good friends with Glaser.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 11:45am
Flex wrote:
I love St. Elswhere.

So, fun fact (and I may have mentioned this, so apologies in advance), but my dad was fraternity brothers with Bruce Paltrow (Goop's dad and producer of St. Elsewhere). There's a scene in the episode when Howie Mandel's character turns 30 and has a bit of a midlife crisis. He puts on TH's Psycho Killer and says "this reminds me of my Sammy days at Tulane." Sammy is the nickname for the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity and Tulane is where they went. My dad always got a big kick out of that. Paul Michael Glaser and Dick Rudolph (music producer, husband of Minnie Ripperton and Maya's dad) were also in that frat. My dad was really good friends with Glaser.
Your family is endlessly tangential to fame!

The episode you mention no longer has "Psycho Killer" in it (limited repro rights, I assume). Similarly, the episode where Mark Harmon gets his face slashed had "Eye in the Sky" playing originally, but has been replaced by some anonymous filler music. Not sure what replaced "Psycho Killer."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 11:58am
JennyB wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 11:45am
Flex wrote:
I love St. Elswhere.

Your family is endlessly tangential to fame!

The episode you mention no longer has "Psycho Killer" in it (limited repro rights, I assume). Similarly, the episode where Mark Harmon gets his face slashed had "Eye in the Sky" playing originally, but has been replaced by some anonymous filler music. Not sure what replaced "Psycho Killer."
I'm really like the Zelig of IMCT.

That's such a shame about the music rights.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy