Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 May 2020, 1:26pm
I was talking to someone I know who got covid in NYC. His employer questioned the diagnosis/test results and has been calling him every day asking when he plans to return. He also works in a health care setting with people who have various disabilities.
Classy. Compare that with Canada, where Trudeau has said that, yeah, there are going to be people scamming the bail-out system, but it'll hurt more people by slowing payments if more rigid safeguards are put in place. It's a not-so-subtle assumption that most people are legit versus most people are lazy good-for-nothings.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I am back at work today. My boss is being pretty cool - she is letting me work from home four days a week. The office has all kinds of sanitizing items around and we are seated far apart from each other. Yet...it's still not sitting right with me. She came to my desk earlier and got really close. I actually backed away, and she said "oh, it's fine, I'm wearing a mask." That's great, so am I, but you just told me you went to your hairdresser last night. Which, NOT SAFE. Nobody gives a shit if your roots are gray. Also, there is nothing I can do here that I can't do from home. I think she wants to put on a show for our ReSale Shop staff - if they have to be here, so should we. I get it, but I just wish she was being safer.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

shaking my head.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Team virus would also clean out a lot of elderly evil in Congress and the White House. Maybe let's not fast track that vaccine and let this play out a bit …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.insidehighered.com/views/20 ... gY53ndRuDI

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:17am

I am dumbfounded that American universities are going ahead with in-person classes this fall. In Canada, as far as I know all schools have already made the call that this fall is distance-learning (with some specialities excepted). Second wave expected in the fall? Let's put tens of thousands of people in close quarters! More than that, if American schools are planning on reopening, they aren't planning on distance education, making any course correction haphazard down the line.
The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The whole idea of students going back and also sharing living quarters with other students seems insane.
If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:32am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If the intention were to maximize the efficiency of the virus, this would be a pretty good strategy. Way too often your country seems totally insane.
Insane like a ... fox? :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And now, here's Mark Trail to tell us a bit about the insane brown fox of Indiana.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

I'll just leave this here ...

NYC, y'all!
NYC, y'all!
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 9:00am
revbob wrote:
25 May 2020, 8:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And now, here's Mark Trail to tell us a bit about the insane brown fox of Indiana.
Yeah my niece just graduated high school and is due to start at university for the fall semester.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Doom or good news, I'm not sure.
Attachments
signal-2020-05-25-152010.jpg
signal-2020-05-25-152010.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
25 May 2020, 10:44am
Doom or good news, I'm not sure.
Ha! One of the great myths that dies hard is that young people, because they've been raised with advanced computer technology, just understand this stuff intuitively. They know how to take selfies and upload them, and post on various social media platforms. But the number who don't know how to do a search on a library database makes me weep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Who could have seen this happening? Nobody, I say, nobody! Thinking good thoughts for you, Westway.
https://madison365.com/two-weeks-after- ... nd-deaths/