The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Growing Old Kinda Sucks thread

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 12:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 May 2019, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 12:14pm
JennyB wrote:
29 May 2019, 11:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 11:30am

No, they numb the eyes, as I understand it, but that's it. Everyone says it's super quick—like 30 seconds.
Demand propophol, dammit!
I'm in favour of a medically induced coma.
Easy now. British politics is in a coma and look at the state of that.
I'm at the point where in 90% of situations I'd opt for sleeping until it's over.
There's so much relatability here.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
29 May 2019, 11:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 May 2019, 5:24pm

SLICING UP EYEBALLS AH HA HA HO!
Can they sedate you?
Like Doc said you have to be awake. I cant remember if it's a Malcom McDowell/Clockwork Orange kind of setup or what.

I might consider it but I'm not sure my condition would cover it.

I'd hate to lose my eyesight but let's face it losing your hearing has got to be worse. That would be the worst thing for me, no more music? How would you handle that . Which reminds me the local college station used to, maybe still does have a deaf DJ. He plays a lot of loud music. From what I understand he can feel the music if it is turned up enough.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 May 2019, 8:36pm
I'd hate to lose my eyesight but let's face it losing your hearing has got to be worse. That would be the worst thing for me, no more music? How would you handle that . Which reminds me the local college station used to, maybe still does have a deaf DJ. He plays a lot of loud music. From what I understand he can feel the music if it is turned up enough.
I'm torn on blindness versus deafness. Loss of music, yes, but in terms of getting around and day-to-day tasks, I think blindness would be a greater imposition/adjustment. Gun to my head, I go with deafness and hope that I can remember the sounds of favourite songs.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2019, 8:50pm
revbob wrote:
I'm torn on blindness versus deafness. Loss of music, yes, but in terms of getting around and day-to-day tasks, I think blindness would be a greater imposition/adjustment. Gun to my head, I go with deafness and hope that I can remember the sounds of favourite songs.
Think of all the mindless chatter you would never have to hear.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah a very tough choice but I agree with the doc.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
29 May 2019, 10:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Think of all the mindless chatter you would never have to hear.
Definitely pushes the needle toward choosing deafness.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I agree with this post.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Having music and books be my two main hobbies, I can't decide. I'll give up smelling instead.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 May 2019, 12:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Having music and books be my two main hobbies, I can't decide. I'll give up smelling instead.
*buzz* Not an option—has to be one of the good ones. If all the senses were up for grabs, I'd give up touch or taste.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2019, 1:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
*buzz* Not an option—has to be one of the good ones. If all the senses were up for grabs, I'd give up touch or taste.
Honestly I'd probably rather just die.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 May 2019, 2:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 May 2019, 1:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Honestly I'd probably rather just die.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
About time you had a wash!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Blindness vs Deafness, Listening to Music vs Looking at Tits.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
30 May 2019, 2:28pm
Blindness vs Deafness, Listening to Music vs Looking at Tits.
You can still feel/touch/___ tits though, and isn't that better than just seeing them?

Dont get me wrong I would hate to lose my sight but no hearing and you'll never some great new music for the first time. I guess you wouldn't know what you're missing but still. Also by losing your sight you'd probably become a superhero of some sort.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
30 May 2019, 4:11pm

You can still feel/touch/___ tits though, and isn't that better than just seeing them?
Nobody lets me touch their tits anymore. :disshame:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak