North America IMCT Meet Up

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83635
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 May 2019, 7:17pm

Kory wrote:
17 May 2019, 7:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 7:06pm
Kory wrote:
17 May 2019, 7:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
Another bold one that's gaining popularity is Malbec. Good if you like full-bodied reds.
Never made that (nor had it, to my knowledge). I'll have to see how much a kit costs.
I'll be curious to know, keep me in the loop.
I checked and Costco, my usual source, doesn't carry that kind. A proper wine store has it but for around twice that of the usual stuff. Still, I might give it a shot just for the sake of variety.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9126
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by revbob » 17 May 2019, 9:26pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83635
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 May 2019, 9:38pm

revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.
Gotta be red. White is for accenting a meal, not for really drinking.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2542
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by BitterTom » 18 May 2019, 11:22am

revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.
Rose is king.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10808
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Kory » 18 May 2019, 10:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:38pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.
Gotta be red. White is for accenting a meal, not for really drinking.
Again, I gotta disagree here but only with regard to a sauv blanc from new zealand (don’t bother with other producer countries).
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 18790
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by 101Walterton » 18 May 2019, 10:43pm

Kory wrote:
18 May 2019, 10:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:38pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.
Gotta be red. White is for accenting a meal, not for really drinking.
Again, I gotta disagree here but only with regard to a sauv blanc from new zealand (don’t bother with other producer countries).
Nah not for me, New Zealand Chardonnay now you are talking. Cheap too!!!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18098
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by JennyB » 20 May 2019, 11:58am

revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
I agree with this post. I like sangria, so my taste is garbage.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83635
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 May 2019, 12:19pm

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2019, 11:58am
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
I agree with this post. I like sangria, so my taste is garbage.
Nuthin' wrong with sangria, tho I can't imagine ever having it indoors. Total summer deck beverage.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2542
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by BitterTom » 20 May 2019, 12:21pm

I've never had sangria, I feel like I'm missing out here.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9520
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by BostonBeaneater » 20 May 2019, 12:23pm

BitterTom wrote:
20 May 2019, 12:21pm
I've never had sangria, I feel like I'm missing out here.
It’s wine watered down with sugar and the fruit from all of last night’s drinks.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9520
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by BostonBeaneater » 20 May 2019, 12:24pm

Malbec with steak is about all I do. Red wine in abundance gives me a terrible hang over. I like white wines that aren’t sweet and are mineraly.
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10808
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Kory » 20 May 2019, 12:26pm

101Walterton wrote:
18 May 2019, 10:43pm
Kory wrote:
18 May 2019, 10:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:38pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 9:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm


If you've never tried Shiraz, give that a shot. It's got a really bold taste and generally higher alcohol content. That's still my go-to wine because I prefer the buzz to crap like subtlety. I really need to start drinking out of a paper bag …
I feel like if I was to like any kind of wine it would have to be a red.
Gotta be red. White is for accenting a meal, not for really drinking.
Again, I gotta disagree here but only with regard to a sauv blanc from new zealand (don’t bother with other producer countries).
Nah not for me, New Zealand Chardonnay now you are talking. Cheap too!!!
It's better than Aus chardonnay for sure, but I don't like that varietal as a rule.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2542
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by BitterTom » 20 May 2019, 12:29pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 May 2019, 12:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
20 May 2019, 12:21pm
I've never had sangria, I feel like I'm missing out here.
It’s wine watered down with sugar and the fruit from all of last night’s drinks.
I've never had sangria, I don't feel like I'm missing out here.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5782
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Mimi » 20 May 2019, 12:31pm

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2019, 11:58am
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:50pm
I have no taste for wine. I like the flavor it can impart as part of cooking but just cant find one that I like to just drink.
I agree with this post. I like sangria, so my taste is garbage.
Boone's Farm was good enough for my tastebuds.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10808
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: North America IMCT Meet Up

Post by Kory » 20 May 2019, 12:35pm

Bartles and James for the win!!!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], revbob, tepista and 5 guests