Your breath could melt a wrench

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.

How do you deal with bad breath during the day?

Chewing gum
30%
Mints
10%
Breath spray
No votes
Those dissolving strip thingees
No votes
Mouthwash
10%
I'm a sociopath who inflicts my awful breath on others either on purpose or I'm oblivious to what I'm doing to people
10%
KISS are shiity
40%

Total votes: 20

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Your breath could melt a wrench

Post by Flex »

I guess I make a distinction between bad breath and you-should-maybe-see-a-doctor breath. I never really notice people's breath unless it, like, seems to be an indicator of them maybe having bigger issues.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

We used to have to sing a hymn at school called "Breathe on me, Breath of God", and it literally used to make me feel ill. I nearly fainted one time when we were singing it. I still shudder at the memory, no wonder I ended up a Knight in Satan's Service.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:13pm
I guess I make a distinction between bad breath and you-should-maybe-see-a-doctor breath. I never really notice people's breath unless it, like, seems to be an indicator of them maybe having bigger issues.
Yeah, agreed. Saying that, my sense of smell isn't the greatest.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:20pm
"Breathe on me
Bill Withers!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Heston

Post by Heston »

Hey, KISS are winning again.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:22pm
Flex wrote:
And for me, I have a stupid sensitive sense of smell, often smelling things others can't detect, so I'm coming at it from that angle. To my nose, everything is stinky. Don't even get me started on perfume/cologne. X(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
And that's clearly part of my irrationality. I'm pretty much drawn to a person's breath right away, like I need to evaluate them over it. Weirdly, I'm probably more tolerant of body odour than bad breath.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:32pm
Hey, KISS are winning again.
You have such an elastic relationship with words and their meanings.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:33pm
Heston wrote:
Flex wrote:
And for me, I have a stupid sensitive sense of smell, often smelling things others can't detect, so I'm coming at it from that angle. To my nose, everything is stinky. Don't even get me started on perfume/cologne. X(
I'm blessed/cursed with a sensitive nose too. And I dont think I've ever smelled a man's cologne that wasn't awful and most perfumes that woman wear are bad too. They tend to give me headaches. I worked with one woman who wore a perfume that for me closely matched the smell of Raid. I couldn't imagine how anyone would like it. But every so often I'll get a whiff of a women's perfume that is heavenly but always in a crowded space. Honestly a slightly fresh, sweaty essence on a woman will drive me wild.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:33pm
Heston wrote:
Flex wrote:
Mine is either sensitive in this way, or completely defective. I hate flowers.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I have a definite thing about people breathing too closely to me. I hate the feeling of it. If I wake up in the middle of the night and my girlfriend is too close to me I'll do whatever I can to get out of range and it has nothing to do about bad breath. I just hate the feeling of it. Could be the best smelling breath in the world and it would still freak me out.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 3:55pm
I worked with one woman who wore a perfume that for me closely matched the smell of Raid.
I have never owned an antiperspirant that the Boss hasn't described as smelling like "bug juice" (aka insecticide). The weird thing to me is that I rarely get something that is supposed to have a scent.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

If I'm teaching or headed to a meeting I'll usually pop a stick of gum, but if I'm a home & my breath smells like a dead squirrel dipped in coffee I'll do mouthwash.

KISS are shitty but we all know that (except Heston).
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

JoseUnidos wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:16pm
KISS are shitty but we all know that (except Heston).
I don't know about that, I've had some support over the years from unlikely quarters.

I remember the playlist I made for Wolt which he seemed to enjoy in parts, and Maj has professed a liking for some tracks (wish I could find that pic of him with the KISS album in his mitts).

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 4:02pm
I have a definite thing about people breathing too closely to me. I hate the feeling of it. If I wake up in the middle of the night and my girlfriend is too close to me I'll do whatever I can to get out of range and it has nothing to do about bad breath. I just hate the feeling of it. Could be the best smelling breath in the world and it would still freak me out.
hahahahahahaha me too. *high five*