MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla »

0-1. Over-hyped bust.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

The Royals have a lefthander named Dick Lovelady
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 7:41pm
Couldn't make it to the game today, but everyone's really pumped.

Even the LA Teps are getting in on the action!

I wouln't boo Jr. under any circumstance in the world

also, I'm pissed he ain't ours.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 11:55am
revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 4:27pm
tepista wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 2:06pm
who the hell is Luke Voit?
Were you asleep at the end of last season?
After getting on base about 17 times in 4 games against us it's unlikely I'll forget him again.
Yeah I keep hoping he's the real deal (so far so good) and not doing a Shane Spencer imitation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I tried doing the reddit stream of a Yankees game last week and all was well until there was a pop up featuring a woman and a dog. If you ever needed another reason to hate people there you go. I'll stick to the pirate audio feeds for now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 3:42pm
I tried doing the reddit stream of a Yankees game last week and all was well until there was a pop up featuring a woman and a dog. If you ever needed another reason to hate people there you go. I'll stick to the pirate audio feeds for now.
Weird. I've never had anything like that happen when using a pirate stream. Ad & pop-up blocker on?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:02pm
revbob wrote:
Weird. I've never had anything like that happen when using a pirate stream. Ad & pop-up blocker on?
I tried it on my phone and was doing the reddit app it doesnt seem to block that shit natively.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:02pm
revbob wrote:
I tried it on my phone and was doing the reddit app it doesnt seem to block that shit natively.
Ah, I see. I've only ever done it using a regular browser on a computer.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

the sox have finally become borderline watchable. Probably ruined their season, competitively speaking, with this start but I'll settle for some decent-to-watch baseball for the rest of the summer.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:01pm
the sox have finally become borderline watchable. Probably ruined their season, competitively speaking, with this start but I'll settle for some decent-to-watch baseball for the rest of the summer.
I know, who made it so it was Champion-Or-Failure? I just wanna have fun. Fuck you, Vince Lombardi.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:15pm
I know, who made it so it was Champion-Or-Failure? I just wanna have fun. Fuck you, Vince Lombardi.
I think I've argued here before that, with baseball's 162 game season, the playoffs are uniquely unsuited to reflecting the quality of a season for a team. Sure, the winningest teams (sorta) mostly get into the post-season, but from there it's a crapshoot where your season-long strengths and weaknesses may or may not be a factor for a few short series of games. What brung you here, won't get you there, so to speak. If you won a bunch of games over the course of the long haul that is a baseball season, does getting bounced in 3-5 random games diminish the year? It does, because we've been trained to believe it does, but it's not necessarily a very good reflection on the talent you just spent 162 games with.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:18pm
tepista wrote:
I think I've argued here before that, with baseball's 162 game season, the playoffs are uniquely unsuited to reflecting the quality of a season for a team. Sure, the winningest teams (sorta) mostly get into the post-season, but from there it's a crapshoot where your season-long strengths and weaknesses may or may not be a factor for a few short series of games. What brung you here, won't get you there, so to speak. If you won a bunch of games over the course of the long haul that is a baseball season, does getting bounced in 3-5 random games diminish the year? It does, because we've been trained to believe it does, but it's not necessarily a very good reflection on the talent you just spent 162 games with.
Yeah. 2008 was a huge gutpunch that took a while for me to get over, which is ridiculous because it was objectively fun until one single series.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:25pm
Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:
Yeah. 2008 was a huge gutpunch that took a while for me to get over, which is ridiculous because it was objectively fun until one single series.
I honestly felt my team was truly the best in the league in 04, 05, 08, and 14. I guess my manager DID suck.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:40pm
Wolter wrote:
01 May 2019, 7:25pm
Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:
I honestly felt my team was truly the best in the league in 04, 05, 08, and 14. I guess my manager DID suck.
The very hyped 2004 Cubs ended the season so badly that I remember them having a losing record even though they actually won 89 games.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »