Panera

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Panera

Post by Mimi »

Do you guys eat at Panera? Any stomach reactions? I don't go as much as I used to because of stomach issues, but even going there once in a while I end up sick.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Panera

Post by Wolter »

I hardly even listen to Pantera that much.

I can’t recall getting specific issues at Panera. It’s just kind of not my thing.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I think I've eaten there once, perhaps at an airport? That I don't recall suggests it was neither a wonderful nor horrible experience.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 3:30pm
Do you guys eat at Panera? Any stomach reactions? I don't go as much as I used to because of stomach issues, but even going there once in a while I end up sick.
I find the food way underperforms for the price.

And in general I avoid chain eateries as much as possible.

I'm not a Pantera fan either.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Am I the only one who still prefers the way Subway's gym mats taste? :disshame:

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Rat Patrol wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 12:29pm
Am I the only one who still prefers the way Subway's gym mats taste? :disshame:
I quit going to Subway after I broke my tooth on a bun. I kid. I actually quit going to Subway after I realized I wasn't getting any meat on my sandwiches.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Potbelly or GTFO.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 1:36pm
Potbelly or GTFO.
We have a staff day in a few weeks and Potbelly is catering it. Are they that good?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Mimi wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 1:43pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 1:36pm
Potbelly or GTFO.
We have a staff day in a few weeks and Potbelly is catering it. Are they that good?
I justlike them more than I like most sandwich chains.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Are neighborhood delis disappearing? Vermont never really has had any. But when I go back to the greater NYC area they still exist in great numbers. You still see the crappy chain places but I don't think they do the same volume of business as they do in other places. They are way too popular around here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 4:56pm
Are neighborhood delis disappearing? Vermont never really has had any. But when I go back to the greater NYC area they still exist in great numbers. You still see the crappy chain places but I don't think they do the same volume of business as they do in other places. They are way too popular around here.
The appeal of the chain is supposed to be that you know what you're going to get—one location is the same as the next—which is considered some kind of quality guarantee. Yet the flipside of the chain is that quality is almost always worse than the mom and pop places because of profit expectations, so corners are progressively cut. My gut always tells me to pick the non-franchised place, not just to support the independent guy, but you might get something fucking great.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 5:01pm
revbob wrote:
The appeal of the chain is supposed to be that you know what you're going to get—one location is the same as the next—which is considered some kind of quality guarantee. Yet the flipside of the chain is that quality is almost always worse than the mom and pop places because of profit expectations, so corners are progressively cut. My gut always tells me to pick the non-franchised place, not just to support the independent guy, but you might get something fucking great.
I've eaten at some of the chain sandwich shops and they have NEVER come close to your average NY deli offering.

I've admittedly had trouble finding delis in other parts of the country but I figure places like Boston, Philly and Chicago should have some good places.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 5:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 5:01pm
revbob wrote:

I've eaten at some of the chain sandwich shops and they have NEVER come close to your average NY deli offering.

I've admittedly had trouble finding delis in other parts of the country but I figure places like Boston, Philly and Chicago should have some good places.
Surprisingly few decent delis in Chicago

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:10pm

That's disappointing.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 9:54pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 7:10pm

That's disappointing.
You’re telling me...