IMCT I'm floored!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

IMCT I'm floored!

Post by Marky Dread »

So I get a knock at the door this morning about 11.30 and there's a guy with a parcel from Amazon. I'm thinking I haven't ordered anything, so I ask the guy "you sure it's this address" "yep definitely this one". I take in the parcel thinking what the hell is this and carefully start unwrapping and ...it's only the new Joe box set!!!! with a note from John Purvis from IMCT.

I was stunned to say the least and felt instantly overjoyed and very humbled by this generous act.

So THANK YOU!!!! so much IMCT/John Purvis.

One very happy Marky.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: IMCT I'm floored!

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 11:03am
So I get a knock at the door this morning about 11.30 and there's a guy with a parcel from Amazon. I'm thinking I haven't ordered anything, so I ask the guy "you sure it's this address" "yep definitely this one". I take in the parcel thinking what the hell is this and carefully start unwrapping and ...it's only the new Joe box set!!!! with a note from John Purvis from IMCT.

I was stunned to say the least and felt instantly overjoyed and very humbled by this generous act.

One very happy Marky.
Well that name was a little front I used so you didn't get any inkling that a bunch of us had chipped in to get you the box. Least we could do after hearing about you getting ripped off, and especially after all your work on the masters and more. I'm glad we're able to repay you in some kind of way for the tireless work mate. Enjoy...
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:

One very happy Marky.
Delighted, mate. Credit to Heston & Doc for organising it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 11:13am
Marky Dread wrote:

One very happy Marky.
Well that name was a little front I used so you didn't get any inkling that a bunch of us had chipped in to get you the box. Least we could do after hearing about you getting ripped off, and especially after all your work on the masters and more. I'm glad we're able to repay you in some kind of way for the tireless work mate. Enjoy...
Im sincerely grateful to all that contributed and feeling well chuffed. Everytime I look/listen at/to this box set I'll be reminded what a truly great community we have here people!!! Thanks again this means a lot to me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky, we're still deep in the debit column for all you've done and for being a stand-up dude. We're not pleased you got ripped off, but we're glad we were presented with an opportunity to step up and show our appreciation.

(I'm intrigued now by "John Purvis." Is there a story behind that? Can he be our Alfred E. Neuman board mascot?)

edit: Also, credit where credit is due, Heston launched everything. The rest of us were happy accomplices.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Hope you're enjoying the set, Marky! Thanks again to Doc and Hes for organizing the surprise! 😎😎😎

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 11:52am
Marky, we're still deep in the debit column for all you've done and for being a stand-up dude. We're not pleased you got ripped off, but we're glad we were presented with an opportunity to step up and show our appreciation.

(I'm intrigued now by "John Purvis." Is there a story behind that? Can he be our Alfred E. Neuman board mascot?)

edit: Also, credit where credit is due, Heston launched everything. The rest of us were happy accomplices.
John is a good man. Re: the John Purvis I thought it might've been a Blue Peter (kids TV) joke as they had a presenter called Peter Puves. But hey Heston is a complicated guy and it's story best heard from the horses mouth.

Just don't tell him I would've been happy with a badge. ;)

Seriously thanks man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

glad heston's mad scheme bore fruit! Enjoy Marky, and thanks for all you've done for all of us over the years!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:05pm
Hope you're enjoying the set, Marky! Thanks again to Doc and Hes for organizing the surprise! 😎😎😎
Have only played the two cd's thus far but I'm loving U.S. North, Czechoslovak Song / Where Is England & The Cool Impossible but it's all sounding great and shows just how diverse Joe's musical tastes were.

Cheers. :cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:10pm
glad heston's mad scheme bore fruit! Enjoy Marky, and thanks for all you've done for all of us over the years!
Thanks mate and I always get great pleasure in the remasters / sharing vibe. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:14pm
Flex wrote:
Thanks mate and I always get great pleasure in the remasters / sharing vibe. :approve:
So hurry up and get it remastered ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:14pm
Flex wrote:
So hurry up and get it remastered ;)
Ha nothing to see hear. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Now let’s talk again about those Madness tracks!!! ;)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

John is a good man. Re: the John Purvis I thought it might've been a Blue Peter (kids TV) joke as they had a presenter called Peter Puves. But hey Heston is a complicated guy and it's story best heard from the horses mouth.

Seriously thanks man.
Penny just dropped re the John Purvis badges :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 4:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Seriously thanks man.
Penny just dropped re the John Purvis badges :mrgreen:
Image ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia