Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 3:55pm
I went to get my annual mammogram today, and this is the first year they haven't asked if I could possibly be pregnant. I mean, I get it. I'm 49. But couldn't you have just taken two seconds and asked, and then I could respond with a wink "oh ho, that ship sailed LONG ago." And that would have made my day. But nooooooooo.
Oh lord. You'd think medical people would have familiarity and smarts, but then you'd think that about lots of people.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 4:09pm
JennyB wrote:
I went to get my annual mammogram today, and this is the first year they haven't asked if I could possibly be pregnant. I mean, I get it. I'm 49. But couldn't you have just taken two seconds and asked, and then I could respond with a wink "oh ho, that ship sailed LONG ago." And that would have made my day. But nooooooooo.
Oh lord. You'd think medical people would have familiarity and smarts, but then you'd think that about lots of people.
Medical people are jaded as fuck, man. They don't care about shit. A lot of them are also way into themselves.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 4:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Medical people are jaded as fuck, man. They don't care about shit. A lot of them are also way into themselves.
I've never actually had a bad experience with a doctor or nurse as an adult. The "worst" was when I froze my ear by not wearing a toque and the ER doc asked me quite pointedly, "How old are you?" (I was 19.)
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 5:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I've never actually had a bad experience with a doctor or nurse as an adult. The "worst" was when I froze my ear by not wearing a toque and the ER doc asked me quite pointedly, "How old are you?" (I was 19.)
A fair enough question.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Well to be fair, you aren't a victim of US healthcare.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
A fair enough question.
In retrospect, I deserved it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Yet to hear American pundits describe it, Canadian healthcare is a step below a Stalinist gulag.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Me neither. I was also joking around. I don't really care, it was just kind of depressing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yet to hear American pundits describe it, Canadian healthcare is a step below a Stalinist gulag.
That's what we think of Canada in general.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Pundit? More like "fund it." And by "it," I mean your own healthcare costs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Me neither. I was also joking around. I don't really care, it was just kind of depressing.
Embrace your geezerhood. Xers were built to get old if not gracefully, then sardonically. Or maybe it's just me—I feel like my personality has finally hit its proper age.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:56pm
That's what we think of Canada in general.
[/quote]

Without us, your NHL teams would all be Swedish!
Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 6:59pm
Pundit? More like "fund it." And by "it," I mean your own healthcare costs.
Jay Leno, everyone!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 7:08pm
Jay Leno, everyone!
Ew.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 8:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Jay Leno, everyone!
Ew.
He's quite wealthy, you know.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 8:11pm
Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 8:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Jay Leno, everyone!
Ew.
He's quite wealthy, you know.
I believe he owns Sammy Davis' dune buggy as well.