Tepista is a Homo

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Tepista is a Homo

Post by tepista »

a homowner, that is. We bought a house, and I don't think we can afford it, and I hate the neighborhood, and I love my old neighborhood, and my old apartment, and I'm not walking distance to my 2 favorite bars anymore, including the one I work at, and I'm just fucking stressed, and I gotta do all these "chores" that involve labor and AARRRGGGHHHH!

My wife has been playing the "I'm miserable" card in my apartment (which is ridiculous, because my apartment rules, except it's kinda small, and it gets really hot in the summer) so after over 3 years since she moved in with me, I finally had to give in.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Tepista is a Homo

Post by tepista »

So any tips, advice, house things, etc. please let me know. Question one, how do I make sure that no neighbors ever speak to me or look me in the eye ever?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:Question one, how do I make sure that no neighbors ever speak to me or look me in the eye ever?
I'm going to assume that "Be Yourself" is the best policy.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

What part of town were you in and where are you moving?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:Question one, how do I make sure that no neighbors ever speak to me or look me in the eye ever?
I'm going to assume that "Be Yourself" is the best policy.
Well, when I grew up with the "fams" we were certainly the "Bundy's" of the neighborhood. I'm sure I can remember a few tricks.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Don't worry. We lived in our old suburb for five years and hardly anyone ever spoke to us. Now we have cows for neighbors and we prefer it that way. They're a lot friendlier. And funner too.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:What part of town were you in and where are you moving?
I'm currently in the vicinity of Sunset & LaBrea, and I'm moving about 4 miles east to the vicinity of Santa Monica and Western

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Mimi wrote:Don't worry. We lived in our old suburb for five years and hardly anyone ever spoke to us. Now we have cows for neighbors and we prefer it that way. They're a lot friendlier. And funner too.
Growing up, I lived in the weirdo house on a painfully manicured subdivision street. We were the ones with the uncut grass and a big, twisted, lop-sided pine tree smack in the middle of the front year. Wave that freak-flag, baby!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

threecoffins wrote:
Mimi wrote:Don't worry. We lived in our old suburb for five years and hardly anyone ever spoke to us. Now we have cows for neighbors and we prefer it that way. They're a lot friendlier. And funner too.
Growing up, I lived in the weirdo house on a painfully manicured subdivision street. We were the ones with the uncut grass and a big, twisted, lop-sided pine tree smack in the middle of the front year. Wave that freak-flag, baby!

LOL

Unfortunately, we looked and behaved like normal people. We didn't have kids so we think that was the problem. You know, because a couple without kids just ain't normal. In fact, they're just downright scary.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

The main thing that sucks about being a homeowner is not being able to call the landlord anytime something breaks. I don't actually mind doing yardwork...in fact, I quite enjoy mowing the lawn. I'm also proud to say that I have barely spoken to any of our neighbors, even my sister-in-law's aunt and uncle who live right down the street. I don't know if it's because we are about 50 years younger than everyone else, or if it's because we were the only house to have a pro stem-cell research sign in our yard last November. So Tep, if you live in a conservative neighbrohood, put liberal signs in your yard, and vice-versa.
Last edited by JennyB on 19 Jun 2008, 1:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote: So Tep, if you live in a conservative neighbrohood, but liberal signs in your yard, and vice-versa.
It's a Mexican neighborhood, so I can root loudly for whatever black guy is fighting Oscar DeLaHoya that month.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

You'll have to join Hook and I on our home improvement circle. Congratulations.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote: So Tep, if you live in a conservative neighbrohood, but liberal signs in your yard, and vice-versa.
It's a Mexican neighborhood, so I can root loudly for whatever black guy is fighting Oscar DeLaHoya that month.
You don't like Morrisey right? That'll get you shunned from the mexican community.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
Or just put up this:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:You'll have to join Hook and I on our home improvement circle. Congratulations.
thanks BBE