Just Had Breakfast

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Just Had Breakfast

Post by Heston »

That is fucking brilliant mate. I would have been tongue tied myself, the bloke is like a god to me for what he did with the Jam.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 1:13am
That is fucking brilliant mate. I would have been tongue tied myself, the bloke is like a god to me for what he did with the Jam.
He’s obviously used to meeting idiots like us he was really good about it. I reminded him of an interview he did recently where he said he is constantly meeting 50 year old blokes who tell him how they grew up with him. He likes that.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 3:05am
Heston wrote:
He’s obviously used to meeting idiots like us he was really good about it. I reminded him of an interview he did recently where he said he is constantly meeting 50 year old blokes who tell him how they grew up with him. He likes that.
Made up for you, mate, that's great.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
A friend of mine, when he was just getting started in the journalism game, got a chance to meet Elvis Costello backstage. EC was one of his favourite artists and when the moment came, he froze. He stammered something about "You wrote some of my favourite songs," and EC shivved him with his eyes. "Yeah, okay," and walked away.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

That's amazing, Wally!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Heston wrote:
A friend of mine, when he was just getting started in the journalism game, got a chance to meet Elvis Costello backstage. EC was one of his favourite artists and when the moment came, he froze. He stammered something about "You wrote some of my favourite songs," and EC shivved him with his eyes. "Yeah, okay," and walked away.
I've met Joe and Mick but on both occasions I'd had a few beers which must have relaxed me somewhat.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 8:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I've met Joe and Mick but on both occasions I'd had a few beers which must have relaxed me somewhat.
I wonder, too, whether it's easier for musician-fans to relax because you already speak a common language that is the basis of the fandom. Those of us who are talentless have an extra challenge.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 9:27am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I wonder, too, whether it's easier for musician-fans to relax because you already speak a common language that is the basis of the fandom. Those of us who are talentless have an extra challenge.
Well I just asked Joe about Cut the Crap, so being a musician was of no use at all really.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 9:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Well I just asked Joe about Cut the Crap, so being a musician was of no use at all really.
Always nice to meet with the fans and chat about a traumatic, career-derailing fuck up!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That is amazing, Wally. I am so happy for you and even happier that he was nice.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
I'm not surprised - he seems like he'd be an asshole.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:22am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Always nice to meet with the fans and chat about a traumatic, career-derailing fuck up!
He agreed with me that it was underrated!

The only other thing I can remember talking about was the end of Inoculated City and Joe bemoaning the fact it was cut.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

Oh, Joe … :disshame:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Jealous.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:39am
Heston wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 10:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Oh, Joe … :disshame:
RIGHT ON, JOE 😎