MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Wolter »

This was fun to see.

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The first triple play in the majors since 1912 where the batter was not one of the outs.
https://deadspin.com/this-triple-play-c ... 1828413719
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Cole Hamels has been a fine acquisition.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/279 ... =editorial

BREAKING: Old white men old, ornery, white...probably unable to experience joy any longer because have to go to the bathroom too often.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 9:45pm

BREAKING: Old white men old, ornery, white...probably unable to experience joy any longer because have to go to the bathroom too often.
Even skimming that was infuriating. Go to bed old men.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:

Send them clips of things that people like Ty Cobb said about Babe Ruth ruining the game by hitting home runs rather than scratching out a run at a time. Baseball: A sport that has been ruining itself for 150 years.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 6:05am
Rat Patrol wrote:

Send them clips of things that people like Ty Cobb said about Babe Ruth ruining the game by hitting home runs rather than scratching out a run at a time. Baseball: A sport that has been ruining itself for 150 years.
I do miss when ballplayers were rampant alcoholics and smoked butts in the dugout.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

I do miss when ballplayers were rampant alcoholics and smoked butts in the dugout.

If you haven't read this, you gotta. There's a weird case to be made that the 1970s was the greatest decade in baseball's history.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 10:41am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

If you haven't read this, you gotta. There's a weird case to be made that the 1970s was the greatest decade in baseball's history.
I read it twice I enjoyed it so much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 10:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 10:41am
I read it twice I enjoyed it so much.
The game and players Epstein describes seem completely alien from our present. There were plenty of times I'd stop and think that there's no way that could happen. Not now, anyway. I'm thinking, once my current tub book is done, I'm gonna re-read Epstein.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:33am

The game and players Epstein describes seem completely alien from our present. There were plenty of times I'd stop and think that there's no way that could happen. Not now, anyway. I'm thinking, once my current tub book is done, I'm gonna re-read Epstein.
Epstein looks like he could've been a hard living relief pitcher for the 1978 Tigers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:33am

Epstein looks like he could've been a hard living relief pitcher for the 1978 Tigers.

Or supplied Dock Ellis with his hit of no-hit acid.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

It’s weird that so many if those players seem to be the cranky old men now.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I was in Binghampton a few days ago and caught a Rumble Ponies game. Tim Tebow did not play, though the bar across the street had a "Free Pizza for Tebow" banner.

Our friend led the seventh inning stretch and won the "finish the song-line" contest — sadly, he didn't realize he was standing behind the pole that holds up the netting the entire time so was denied screentime on the jumbotron.

I am now also a big fan of pitch clocks.