MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
15 May 2018, 2:46pm
Robinson Cano is so fucking stupid. Wasn't your teammate ARod an example of what not to do?!
Or Stallion Andy … :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 May 2018, 3:39pm
Mimi wrote:
15 May 2018, 2:46pm
Robinson Cano is so fucking stupid. Wasn't your teammate ARod an example of what not to do?!
Or Stallion Andy … :shifty:
Or his old buddy the Melkman.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I would bet 50 grand in money laundered to Randy Levine's Mob Ties™ that Cashman saw this...and the sheer dunderheadedness of how it went down...as a 100% inevitability when he passed on offering Cano that mega-deal. There were rumors way back then when he suddenly put on all the bulk that he was being particularly mouthy in-private about not covering his tracks. A Dominican news source was the one who ended up scooping every U.S. outlet about this story. That's the dead giveaway that Cano got ratted by someone on his own crew and was probably boasting TMI about his PED's regimen to friends back home in the offseason instead of keeping his mouth shut like a rationally risk-averse person. Technically he got nailed by the masking agent with other 'undisclosed' supporting evidence--not the mystery PED itself--which would be circumstantial enough to sustain a full-throated appeal process if for no other reason than plausible deniability in the face of salvaging a HOF candidacy. But he and the union didn't even try, and folded immediately. The only explanation that truly fits for that sequence is that his homies pre-emptively gave MLB the whole treasure trove of goods on him, and he would've been really really fucked for life if all that dirt got publicly enumerated on appeal. So he took the knee on the somewhat flimsy cover charge as the best salvage job available out of a lot of shitty options.

Say what you will about A-Rod, but his furtive social awkwardness made it take a lot longer with a lot more intricate legal dossier to nail him dead-to-rights in part because he was so much more paranoid about policing the rats on his ship.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 May 2018, 6:34am
I would bet 50 grand in money laundered to Randy Levine's Mob Ties™ that Cashman saw this...and the sheer dunderheadedness of how it went down...as a 100% inevitability when he passed on offering Cano that mega-deal. There were rumors way back then when he suddenly put on all the bulk that he was being particularly mouthy in-private about not covering his tracks. A Dominican news source was the one who ended up scooping every U.S. outlet about this story. That's the dead giveaway that Cano got ratted by someone on his own crew and was probably boasting TMI about his PED's regimen to friends back home in the offseason instead of keeping his mouth shut like a rationally risk-averse person. Technically he got nailed by the masking agent with other 'undisclosed' supporting evidence--not the mystery PED itself--which would be circumstantial enough to sustain a full-throated appeal process if for no other reason than plausible deniability in the face of salvaging a HOF candidacy. But he and the union didn't even try, and folded immediately. The only explanation that truly fits for that sequence is that his homies pre-emptively gave MLB the whole treasure trove of goods on him, and he would've been really really fucked for life if all that dirt got publicly enumerated on appeal. So he took the knee on the somewhat flimsy cover charge as the best salvage job available out of a lot of shitty options.

Say what you will about A-Rod, but his furtive social awkwardness made it take a lot longer with a lot more intricate legal dossier to nail him dead-to-rights in part because he was so much more paranoid about policing the rats on his ship.
Jesus, Cano has another 5 years on that deal? I purposely don't pay attention to most contracts and whatnot. This one is ridiculous. 24mil when he's 40 in 2023? yikes.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Holy shit, I just realized the Las Vegas 51s are named for Area 51.

Another mystery solved. 😎

BostonBeaneater

I just invested $24 for two tickets to see the Manchester Fishercats play Friday night. I hope they don't call up Vlad Jr. before the weekend.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 May 2018, 3:06pm
I just invested $24 for two tickets to see the Manchester Fishercats play Friday night. I hope they don't call up Vlad Jr. before the weekend.
Well, at least there's plenty of state tax-free liquor superstores to shop at between tollbooths if an unpleasant-surprise roster moves does happen. Priorities, priorities.

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 May 2018, 3:45pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Well, at least there's plenty of state tax-free liquor superstores to shop at between tollbooths if an unpleasant-surprise roster moves does happen. Priorities, priorities.
And it's in Manchvegas so I can score some percocet.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 May 2018, 3:53pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Live Free or Die Three Times on the Table Before the Narcan Injection

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Ha, people in Vermont often refer to Rutland as Rutvegas.

BostonBeaneater

Baseball fan.
Attachments
C3D1333B-AFB3-4A11-8FB4-7A7EA33ADC87.jpeg
C3D1333B-AFB3-4A11-8FB4-7A7EA33ADC87.jpeg (100.05 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How bad are the Showalters? They won 3 of 4 in New York in the first week of the season and haven't won a single game on the road since.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kendrys Morales is broken.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
16 May 2018, 4:34pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Ha, people in Vermont often refer to Rutland as Rutvegas.
This is the only thing I know about Rutland, Vermont.
Attachments
8A4BB1F6-33F9-4153-B7E9-269FB582554E.jpeg
8A4BB1F6-33F9-4153-B7E9-269FB582554E.jpeg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 590 times