MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: MLB 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 12:03am
His technique is all wrong. Goose Gossage would run a fastball in on his right hand and take off a couple of fingers

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 8:43am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
His technique is all wrong. Goose Gossage would run a fastball in on his right hand and take off a couple of fingers
Wouldn’t it be better to aim for deadening it on a spot that’s fair but right by the line?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Goose still remembers Pearl Harbor. Remembers it incorrectly, but, believe me, he thinks he has a good reason to hate those people.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:00pm
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Goose still remembers Pearl Harbor. Remembers it incorrectly, but, believe me, he thinks he has a good reason to hate those people.
Shoulda nuked em back in Nam.

I dont normally take part in bathroom graffiti wars but omce back in the day... I came across an exchange where someone was referring to Japan to which some guy used the line above. I pointed out the discrepancy to him to which he responded and I quote "fuck you fagit".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 6:42pm

I dont normally take part in bathroom graffiti wars but omce back in the day... I came across an exchange where someone was referring to Japan to which some guy used the line above. I pointed out the discrepancy to him to which he responded and I quote "fuck you fagit".
Clearly, you tangled with the leader of your school's debate team.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:00pm
revbob wrote:

Yeah and obviously those scars have yet to fully heal.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:00pm
revbob wrote:

Yeah and obviously those scars have yet to fully heal.
Hate to break it to you, but they never will. The support group meets every second Thursday if you want to sit in. I go by the name Garth to protect my identity.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 11:07pm
Not seen: Someone Ted is calling a "syphilitic bastard."

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 3:30pm
Ridiculous sculpture always just to Jeter's left.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Stoked to have JDM on board. Normally not a huge fan of player-only opt outs, although I appreciate Doc's reasoning that they largely save organizations from themselves, but this sets him up to (hopefully) depart during a period where we're going to have a lot of turnover anyways and likely looking to be re-establishing a new window with a new set of players anyways, so it all fits together quite nicely.

spring season games start tomorrow. bring it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm a lot more optimistic about the Red Sox this year than I have been in several seasons. They were a 90+ win team last year despite a lot of weak performances with the bat, plus Price's availability was pretty limited. Even without JDM's addition, I'd like to think a number of guys would turn in better years, plus a full season of Devers. The Yankees have insane power at, like, two-thirds of their line-up, but I like Boston's pitching better. The Yankees should win the division just by mashing all the stripped down teams, but I think head-to-head they'll be pretty competitive.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 4:26pm
I'm a lot more optimistic about the Red Sox this year than I have been in several seasons. They were a 90+ win team last year despite a lot of weak performances with the bat, plus Price's availability was pretty limited. Even without JDM's addition, I'd like to think a number of guys would turn in better years, plus a full season of Devers. The Yankees have insane power at, like, two-thirds of their line-up, but I like Boston's pitching better. The Yankees should win the division just by mashing all the stripped down teams, but I think head-to-head they'll be pretty competitive.
This team has the smell of "sneak in through the wild card and dominate post-season short series" all over it. I love it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!