MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2018

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 11:17am
I always used to be a hardcore AL fan when it came to the WS and all star game. But its pretty impossible for me to root for the Sox
yup
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 12:17pm
revbob wrote:
I always used to be a hardcore AL fan when it came to the WS and all star game. But its pretty impossible for me to root for the Sox
yup
Pretty impossible isn't the same thing as impossible, so I'll take that hairline crack of daylight to thank you for your support. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

weird, but appreciated, to see so much love coming to the sox from this board :cool:

In some baseline sense, I'm an AL guy as long as it isn't the yankees, but in practice I'm happy to root situationally for whatever team seems like it'd be more fun if they win.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 12:50pm
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
Pretty impossible isn't the same thing as impossible, so I'll take that hairline crack of daylight to thank you for your support. :cool:
I'd root for the Red Sox if they were playing Trump's administration or ISIS, that's about it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
I'd root for the Red Sox if they were playing Trump's administration or ISIS, that's about it.
Your fandom is definitely growing. Gotta be the Mo Vaughn thing we have between us.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
The closest I came was passively rooting for them against the Mets in '86. That was mainly because all the bandwagon Mets fans were so insufferable in the NY area.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 1:39pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
The closest I came was passively rooting for them against the Mets in '86. That was mainly because all the bandwagon Mets fans were so insufferable in the NY area.
How could anyone NOT love the 86 Mets, they were such an inspiration to budding 16 year old drug abuser like myself.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
And so you were passively traumatized by Game Six …

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is Westway completely in the bag yet? Here's hoping for good things tonight, dude.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
yup
HA! :lol:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 2:17pm
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

yup
How could anyone NOT love the 86 Mets, they were such an inspiration to budding 16 year old drug abuser like myself.
Hmm...I was 16/17 in 1993. I guess I should’ve been more into the Phillies.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

1986 was the first time I saw old men weep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 7:31pm
1986 was the first time I saw old men weep.
Game Six is seared into my brain, which, perhaps, is odd given that I only became a Red Sox fan (casual at that) at the beginning of the season. Seemed like good timing as the season progressed, but, hey, fuck you, pink hat. I was at my brother-in-law and sister's farm, babysitting because they went out on a Saturday night. Sox took the lead in extras and got two outs, and I clearly recall little graphics about how much stuff cost in 1918 (like bread). And then the bottom of the tenth was like a half-inning compression of my earlier Expos fandom. Why the fuck I didn't abandon baseball completely is a mystery. Which isn't in any way to properly compare myself to lifelong Red Sox fans from New England—those fuckers got kicked in the nuts; I was just stunned and crestfallen—but it did kind of seal my fandom with the team. (Tho i kind of fell out of baseball a a whole in the early-90s, coming back more attentively when Pedro and Nomar arrived on the scene.) Still, there are two Red Sox-connected people I can never forgive: Calvin Schiraldi and Grady Little. The Moment called and both shit their pants in the most liquid and public way possible.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Coulda sworn Yelich's homer bounced off Puig's glove over the fence, but replay says nope. Either way, go Dahmerville!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 8:26pm
Coulda sworn Yelich's homer bounced off Puig's glove over the fence, but replay says nope. Either way, go Dahmerville!
so did i