MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Rat Patrol »

tepista wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 11:07pm
Unfortunately due to factory defect you can only play with it 20 times before its elbows fall out of their sockets.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I remember some t-ball games when I was seven that had plays like this.
https://www.mlb.com/video/tucker-scores ... 2257325783
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 6:38am
I remember some t-ball games when I was seven that had plays like this.
https://www.mlb.com/video/tucker-scores ... 2257325783
Holy shit that’s hilarious.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Will Sonny Gray come thru for young master Ratty Patrol of Bristol, CT, on his birthday to earn a split against the mighty Orioles? Tune in, sports fans!

Edit: Sonny turns in his Babe Ruth, sick kid in the hospital moment.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 6:56pm
Will Sonny Gray come thru for young master Ratty Patrol of Bristol, CT, on his birthday to earn a split against the mighty Orioles? Tune in, sports fans!

He is capable of beating some of the worst teams in the league on any given night. Ive never actually seen him pitch that I can recall but the announcers will always talk about how he has "great stuff", he needs to trust his stuff.

Other former Yankee pitchers from recent memory with "great stuff"
Jaret Wright
Jeff Weaver
Im drawing a blank now on others.

Sonny Gray isn't going to pan out. At least not in NY. The Yankees either need to get the original Tanaka back or find a solid #2 or they won't make it out of a 7 games series if they get that far. The hitting is too much feast or famine with too many guys underperforming. Its mid season and some of these guys aren't cutting it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 11:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He is capable of beating some of the worst teams in the league on any given night. Ive never actually seen him pitch that I can recall but the announcers will always talk about how he has "great stuff", he needs to trust his stuff.

Other former Yankee pitchers from recent memory with "great stuff"
Jaret Wright
Jeff Weaver
Im drawing a blank now on others.
The immortal Carl Pavano!
Sonny Gray isn't going to pan out. At least not in NY. The Yankees either need to get the original Tanaka back or find a solid #2 or they won't make it out of a 7 games series if they get that far. The hitting is too much feast or famine with too many guys underperforming. Its mid season and some of these guys aren't cutting it.
That was my sense at the start of the season, that compared to Houston, Cleveland, and Boston, New York's pitching wasn't well suited for the post-season. There is the whole playoffs as a crapshoot, but it's why Houston still has to be the favourite.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

He batted in a DH substitution? I lost track with all the home runs that the Showalters were serving up.

Honestly, Gray's still cost-controlled so he'll be a cinch to move in the offseason if 2nd half isn't any better. No way is he even in the same league as all those other sunk-cost pitching skidmarks like Pavano, Weaver, Kenny Fuckin' Rogers, etc. who were either FA's or taken as the turd in somebody else's trade-deadline salary dump. Much less the Michael Pinedas and Nate Evoldis of recent season's past who drove me fucking insane with their inconsistency. They've got AAA studs knocking on the door who are getting their command together scary-fast who might outright bump him out of the rotation in an audition (ref: Luis Cessa's gem in the doubleheader the other day). Postseason roster prognostication on the #4 starter a full 2-1/2 months out is damn near useless an exercise with who's going to be getting called up for pitching tryouts before then.

Tanaka worries me bit, but Gray--Oakland rep and all--is essentially a nobody in a crowd right now in terms of roster flex.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Jortsville Gossages still have the best team of 1943.
https://deadspin.com/extremely-cardinal ... 1827528307

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 9:06am
Is there a melanin comparison chart or something to reference for who's playing the game rightest in this saga?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 10:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is there a melanin comparison chart or something to reference for who's playing the game rightest in this saga?
You'd think so, but Yadi M. really complicates things. Or maybe he's one of those sui generis "good ones."

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 10:25am
Rat Patrol wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 10:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You'd think so, but Yadi M. really complicates things. Or maybe he's one of those sui generis "good ones."
"Republicans" :shifty:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Tomorrow's back page headline for the NY Post...
Yanks Clobber Kluber