MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2018

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:13pm
tepista wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 7:12pm
Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 6:39pm
Man, what a kick to the balls for 'spos fans.
All three dozen of them
:disshame:

Also, Yelich to the Milwaukee Seligs.
His nickname should be Rebel Yelich. I'm calling it.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I'm guessing the Jays offered Bichette-plus.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Cain to Wisconsin as well.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 6:39pm
Man, what a kick to the balls for 'spos fans.
This is the equivalent of a participation trophy for the Angels.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Eh, Tim Raines went in as an Expo and I'd say that means more. Raines was core to those really good Expos teams of the early to mid 80s. Vlad was the lone bright spot after the team became a zombie following the strike. It was as an Angel that finally got widespread acknowledgement, so it makes sense that he goes in as an Angel.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 9:07am
Eh, Tim Raines went in as an Expo and I'd say that means more. Raines was core to those really good Expos teams of the early to mid 80s. Vlad was the lone bright spot after the team became a zombie following the strike. It was as an Angel that finally got widespread acknowledgement, so it makes sense that he goes in as an Angel.
Who else needs a trophy?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Who else needs a trophy?
I haven't won anything since I got some dumb medal during a trivia competition maybe seven years ago, so if you're handing out trophies I'll take one.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Inder wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 8:31pm
Cain to Wisconsin as well.

Man, last night was pretty awesome. Lifelong (and long suffering) Brewer fan...but there was a lot of excitement around town this morning. I'd still like one more arm - maybe someone like a Chris Archer.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 7:40pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Who else needs a trophy?
I haven't won anything since I got some dumb medal during a trivia competition maybe seven years ago, so if you're handing out trophies I'll take one.
I guess I was going off bad info. It was my understanding that players did no longer choose under which team they enter the HOF but im seeing stories that Vlad made the call. That I'm okay with then. I thought it was a case of make the Angels fans feel good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 8:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Who else needs a trophy?
I guess I was going off bad info. It was my understanding that players did no longer choose under which team they enter the HOF but im seeing stories that Vlad made the call. That I'm okay with then. I thought it was a case of make the Angels fans feel good.
I thought the player submits his preference, but the HoF makes the final call. I think that was because of Wade Boggs trying to go in as a Devil Ray as part of a side deal (really, Invisible Chicken Man?).

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 8:40pm
revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 8:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Who else needs a trophy?
I thought the player submits his preference, but the HoF makes the final call. I think that was because of Wade Boggs trying to go in as a Devil Ray as part of a side deal (really, Invisible Chicken Man?).
Mike Piazza went in as a Marlin
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Pizza man went in as a Met

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 9:57am
Tep is being a yukster—Piazza was with the Marlins for five games.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 10:46am
revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 9:57am
Tep is being a yukster—Piazza was with the Marlins for five games.
tep.jpg
tep.jpg (34.71 KiB) Viewed 2309 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Forecasting the 2019-2023 Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees
http://amp.si.com/mlb/2018/01/27/baseba ... -halladay