MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: MLB 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 12:31pm
I was in Binghampton a few days ago and caught a Rumble Ponies game. Tim Tebow did not play, though the bar across the street had a "Free Pizza for Tebow" banner.

Our friend led the seventh inning stretch and won the "finish the song-line" contest — sadly, he didn't realize he was standing behind the pole that holds up the netting the entire time so was denied screentime on the jumbotron.

I am now also a big fan of pitch clocks.
What on Earth brought you to Binghampton, NY?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Oh good. The Cubs signed notorious homophobic shithead Daniel Murphy. I was hoping we’d get another Aroldis for me to despise in the playoffs.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:10pm
Oh good. The Cubs signed notorious homophobic shithead Daniel Murphy. I was hoping we’d get another Aroldis for me to despise in the playoffs.
He's also not any good, so it's not like you get to ignore his awful because he's driving in runs. Hope that he gets beaned in his first AB and is out for the year.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:13pm
Wolter wrote:
He's also not any good, so it's not like you get to ignore his awful because he's driving in runs. Hope that he gets beaned in his first AB and is out for the year.
God I hate that dude on every level.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... iel-murphy
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 7:11pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I don’t blame her. I feel fairly gross.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 8:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
How much, do you think, does 2016 play into this? I can say that after 2004, I started caring a lot more about the character of players. I wanted to like them (however vague a term that is) for more than just helping win games. I suppose I was a lot more amoral before 2004, focused on wins and fuck everything else. I know you were open about your loathing of Chapman on that team, but the lust for that elusive championship complicated things a bit, no?

BostonBeaneater

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 9:35pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How much, do you think, does 2016 play into this? I can say that after 2004, I started caring a lot more about the character of players. I wanted to like them (however vague a term that is) for more than just helping win games. I suppose I was a lot more amoral before 2004, focused on wins and fuck everything else. I know you were open about your loathing of Chapman on that team, but the lust for that elusive championship complicated things a bit, no?
I wanted them to win without him, but I couldn’t root for him to fail outright (although in hindsight, as furious as I was in the moment, his blowing the save in 7 insured the last out wasn’t him in all of my memories)

I want Murphy to either make a complete apology or just get hit by a fucking meteor.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 8:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 9:35pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

I wanted them to win without him, but I couldn’t root for him to fail outright (although in hindsight, as furious as I was in the moment, his blowing the save in 7 insured the last out wasn’t him in all of my memories)
In his own unintentional way, he did grant you that much better ending.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 1:52pm
Inder wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 12:31pm
I was in Binghampton a few days ago and caught a Rumble Ponies game. Tim Tebow did not play, though the bar across the street had a "Free Pizza for Tebow" banner.

Our friend led the seventh inning stretch and won the "finish the song-line" contest — sadly, he didn't realize he was standing behind the pole that holds up the netting the entire time so was denied screentime on the jumbotron.

I am now also a big fan of pitch clocks.
What on Earth brought you to Binghampton, NY?
I really didn't want to go, but was outvoted.

Though I must admit, the ballpark/AA experience was great.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://enlightenment.rip/who-are-your-mlb-endcaps

I got Ken Griffey Jr. and Omar Vizquel.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 2:48pm

Arod and Bartolo.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 2:48pm

Edgar Renteria, and GOD BLESS BARTOLO COLON!