MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 9:41pm
Inder wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 9:38pm
Sorry guys, gotta asterisk your inevitable WS win. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Asterisked for being a really fun team. :cool:
WiSe MeN aND STrEEt kIDs TOGethEr mAKe A FuN TEaM :ugeek:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 9:42pm
*guffaw*
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 9:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:
Asterisked for being a really fun team. :cool:
WiSe MeN aND STrEEt kIDs TOGethEr mAKe A FuN TEaM :ugeek:
Everybody sing it one time, "This is Boston …"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 9:40pm
Inder wrote:
I respond with my favorite insult: MAPLE LEAFS!
Perhaps my favorite sports gif.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Went to bed at 10.30, right after the Sox tied it in the 5th(?). Thank Christ I didn't stay up. I can't handle those kinds of stressful games if I don't know the result. I'd have gotten zero sleep and been wrecked today. Sox are playing with house money today. As I said a few days ago, win two of three in Houston and get two shots to win at home, so it's all good. On the other hand, now we're in territory where I'll be bummed out if they can't finish the deal over the next three.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Still not conclusive, but the white-shirted guy's left hand is on the yellow line, bracing him, suggesting that his right hand is over the wall, and therefore so are the others. It's all super close either way. Regardless of how it was ruled, it wouldn't be an egregious error.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 6:58am

Still not conclusive, but the white-shirted guy's left hand is on the yellow line, bracing him, suggesting that his right hand is over the wall, and therefore so are the others. It's all super close either way. Regardless of how it was ruled, it wouldn't be an egregious error.
I'm glad this happened because I hate everything to do with Houston - its baseball, its terrible zoning laws, its traffic, my annoying cousin who lives there, etc. So...go Sox?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 9:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm glad this happened because I hate everything to do with Houston - its baseball, its terrible zoning laws, its traffic, my annoying cousin who lives there, etc. So...go Sox?
We welcome the support of the very white fans of St. Louis.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 9:25am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’m torn because I don’t want anyone here to be happy.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 10:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’m torn because I don’t want anyone here to be happy.*

* Except good ol' Doc M, of course. He deserves nothing but the best in this life.
Aw, shucks. :oops:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 10:26am
And you see no effect from the fans?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

That was a fine major league baseball game. Too bad Hooks was sleeping.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

No? Looks like he closed his glove before making contact with the fans -- the way it closes is smooth and deliberate (ladies), doesn't at all look like it would if his hands hit something and the glove was forced shut by the impact.

It doesn't really matter any more, I suppose. If Boston wins the WS I'm sending Doc an "America's #1 JOE WEST FAN" shirt.

Brewers, pls.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well, I mean, I'm not WHITE white. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy