MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 1:46pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 1:45pm
Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:08pm
I so love Earl Weaver. Not many managers were worth the price of admission, but he's at the top of the list.
Agreed
I wish he and Billy Martin would have guest starred on a buddy cop show back then.
“You know what, Billy? I better drive.”
"What's up, cap'n?"
"Martin, Weaver, we got a problem with the Steinbrenner Syndicate."
"Him again? We hate him!"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 1:46pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 1:45pm
Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:08pm
I so love Earl Weaver. Not many managers were worth the price of admission, but he's at the top of the list.
Agreed
I wish he and Billy Martin would have guest starred on a buddy cop show back then.
“You know what, Billy? I better drive.”
Reminds me of when Bill Russell played the bad guy on Miami Vice.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A little bit of Inder's childhood takes a dump on itself.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/c ... nd-events/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 1:22pm
“64 beers. No more. No less. That’s gonna get you a .300 average. Now, if you want doubles, you’re gonna need some fried chicken.”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 2:06pm
tepista wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 1:22pm
“64 beers. No more. No less. That’s gonna get you a .300 average. Now, if you want doubles, you’re gonna need some fried chicken.”
First five people to sign up will learn how to turn themselves invisible in a crisis situation.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

2005/6 was a terrible time to be a Cubs fan.

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 5:06pm
2005/6 was a terrible time to be a Cubs fan.

Nomar's injury was uncomfortable watch and terrifying to consider.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heh, this is some neat statistical weirdness. Juan Soto hit the game-winning homer of a suspended game that began before his debut. That is, he sorta won a game played before he made the majors.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nation ... 58192.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Baseball in Montana. How fucking perfect is this?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 8:04pm
Heh, this is some neat statistical weirdness. Juan Soto hit the game-winning homer of a suspended game that began before his debut. That is, he sorta won a game played before he made the majors.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nation ... 58192.html
I love stuff like this.

In the NHL a few years ago, Nathan Horton scored a goal in a game he didn't play in — it was rescheduled and picked up from whatever the score was when play was suspended. He scored in the cancelled game and was injured/sat out the make-up game.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Hunter Strickland is an asshole.

https://deadspin.com/the-giants-stuck-u ... 1826981482

Mark Melancon is also a huge moron:
In the first pitch of Brinson’s ninth inning at-bat, Strickland threw a 94.6 MPH fastball up and in, nearly hitting Brinson. Three pitches later, the Marlins rookie scorched a single to right field, scoring the tying run, and advancing Cameron Maybin to third base. As Brinson trotted up the line, he flung his bat toward the Marlins dugout, which apparently did not sit well with Strickland.

Later that inning, Giants reliever Tony Watson replaced Strickland. As he sauntered to the dugout, Strickland and Brinson exchanged words.

Giants reliever Mark Melancon joined KNBR’s Tolbert & Lund Tuesday afternoon and explained what he saw in the Brinson-Strickland encounter.

“My perspective was that he was disrespecting the game,” Melancon said. “I am all for being excited and being happy you got a base hit there. There’s nothing wrong with that, but holding the bat out too long, and flipping the bat, and rounding first and continuing to jaw. To me, it looked like he was looking right at Strickland. That’s just showing a guy up. It’s not needed. Be happy, celebrate with the team, do it right, but don’t rub it in anybody’s face. It’s not the right way to go about it.”

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 11:31am
Hunter Strickland is an asshole.

https://deadspin.com/the-giants-stuck-u ... 1826981482

Mark Melancon is also a huge moron:
In the first pitch of Brinson’s ninth inning at-bat, Strickland threw a 94.6 MPH fastball up and in, nearly hitting Brinson. Three pitches later, the Marlins rookie scorched a single to right field, scoring the tying run, and advancing Cameron Maybin to third base. As Brinson trotted up the line, he flung his bat toward the Marlins dugout, which apparently did not sit well with Strickland.

Later that inning, Giants reliever Tony Watson replaced Strickland. As he sauntered to the dugout, Strickland and Brinson exchanged words.

Giants reliever Mark Melancon joined KNBR’s Tolbert & Lund Tuesday afternoon and explained what he saw in the Brinson-Strickland encounter.

“My perspective was that he was disrespecting the game,” Melancon said. “I am all for being excited and being happy you got a base hit there. There’s nothing wrong with that, but holding the bat out too long, and flipping the bat, and rounding first and continuing to jaw. To me, it looked like he was looking right at Strickland. That’s just showing a guy up. It’s not needed. Be happy, celebrate with the team, do it right, but don’t rub it in anybody’s face. It’s not the right way to go about it.”
Unwritten rules = I'm a big baby

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I thought Phillies fans just looked this way.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak