IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

He benefited greatly from being part of and contributing to an evil political party, then convincing gullible liberals that he was somehow decent. Hats off to a snakeoil magician.

Also, thanks for giving Sarah Palin a national voice, ya fine old maverick.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 9:22pm
He benefited greatly from being part of and contributing to an evil political party, then convincing gullible liberals that he was somehow decent. Hats off to a snakeoil magician.

FB is full today of "i didn't agree with his politics but I looked up to him." WHICH IS IT?!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 8:38pm
John McCain
He’s done it again

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah but he still looked McConnel in the face when he shot down the attempt to gut the ACA, I can’t fully hate the guy like I hate Ryan and your run of the mill GOP Congressman. I’m not going to throw out that bullshit term “maverick,” but he did seem a small notch above the rest of his political brethren.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I laughed out loud at this moment from a chat.
Attachments
3242D518-C1FF-4B49-82C4-04BB1569FB22.jpeg
3242D518-C1FF-4B49-82C4-04BB1569FB22.jpeg (83.5 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bingo. Voting the party line 95% of the time and then saying tsk tsk during those other 5%, that's no criteria for a Profiles in Courage Award (tho he'll undoubtedly get a posthumous one just because). Really, the lesson to be learned here is that if McCain is to be regarded as noble and principled, the norms of basic decent conduct are so debased as to be pointless.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 11:57am
Bingo. Voting the party line 95% of the time and then saying tsk tsk during those other 5%, that's no criteria for a Profiles in Courage Award (tho he'll undoubtedly get a posthumous one just because). Really, the lesson to be learned here is that if McCain is to be regarded as noble and principled, the norms of basic decent conduct are so debased as to be pointless.
Someone on twitter pointed out the unspoken subtext of McCain praise over the years is “we’re too afraid to straight up say the Republican Party is overtly evil.”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Neil Simon.

I was in a production of Brighton Beach Memoirs. Had a lot of fun. Great playwright.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 12:47pm
Neil Simon.

I was in a production of Brighton Beach Memoirs. Had a lot of fun. Great playwright.
Love Biloxi Blues. We reflexively quote it to describe hot weather: "Man it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot."

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 1:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah but he still looked McConnel in the face when he shot down the attempt to gut the ACA, I can’t fully hate the guy like I hate Ryan and your run of the mill GOP Congressman. I’m not going to throw out that bullshit term “maverick,” but he did seem a small notch above the rest of his political brethren.
Except for that other time he looked McConnell in the face when they were attempting to gut the ACA, and he and fellow "principled" Republican Susan Collins both voted party-line because there was less media attention.

He was just as much a blackened-soul cretin as his brethren...no more, no less. He was just more skilled at staging a publicity stunt for the Sunday morning talk shows.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 1:07pm
Mimi wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 12:47pm
Neil Simon.

Love Biloxi Blues. We reflexively quote it to describe hot weather: "Man it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot."
That specific line reminds me of a story a friend told me about being in a regional production where the actor stressed that line really weird. “TarZAN couldn’t stand this heat...”

I love Laughter On the 23rd Floor

I have an autographed collection of some of his plays given to me by my playwriting professor.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The wonderful and horribly under-appreciated comics artist Marie Severin died.

Edit: And now writer Gary Friedrich. :sad:

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Yeah. I heard she was in hospice yesterday. First woman to do a Marvel cover.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »