Whatever happened to rcs?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Whatever happened to rcs?

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 7:44pm
revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 7:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 10:06pm
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 9:51pm
I left once... nobody noticed :cry:
Relief is often expressed quietly. :shifty:
Yeah I have no illusions as to the significance of my presence here.
Your persnicketiness, especially with regards to pop music, has cemented your importance. Also, someone has to represent inferior maple syrup.
True story: I was buying maple syrup the other day and the fine print indicated it may have been fouled with the Canadian stuff so I put it back and paid a few more bucks for the good stuff (pure Vermont maple syrup ).

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 8:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Your persnicketiness, especially with regards to pop music, has cemented your importance. Also, someone has to represent inferior maple syrup.
True story: I was buying maple syrup the other day and the fine print indicated it may have been fouled with the Canadian stuff so I put it back and paid a few more bucks for the good stuff (pure Vermont maple syrup ).
I thought heroin was cheap these days.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 8:31pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I thought heroin was cheap these days.
Yeah but like with anything you gotta pay extra for the good stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
In essence, the inbred, jug-eared, defective chromosome syrup. You'll have grown a sixth finger before the pancakes have left your colon.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 8:45pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In essence, the inbred, jug-eared, defective chromosome syrup. You'll have grown a sixth finger before the pancakes have left your colon.
My 6th finger is an evolutionary advantage and with Boss George 6 feet under I still have a shot with the Yankees.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 9:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 8:45pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

My 6th finger is an evolutionary advantage and with Boss George 6 feet under I still have a shot with the Yankees.
Ah, the self-deluded faith of a hillbilly.

p.s. Trim those sideburns!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Anyone remember that guy mustafabingun who was so Limey even the Limeys couldn't understand what magic make-believe language he was speaking? I feel like we've been missing an "Even mustafabingun makes more sense than. . ." metric all these years to properly quantify degrees of wrongness beyond-the-pale of whatever Heston ate for breakfast this morning.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 9:55pm
Anyone remember that guy mustafabingun who was so Limey even the Limeys couldn't understand what magic make-believe language he was speaking? I feel like we've been missing an "Even mustafabingun makes more sense than. . ." metric all these years to properly quantify degrees of wrongness beyond-the-pale of whatever Heston ate for breakfast this morning.
I remember the username but nothing about his/her posts. So, worse than the indictment of public schooling that was michaelt?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 9:58pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 9:55pm
I remember the username but nothing about his/her posts. So, worse than the indictment of public schooling that was michaelt?
More like: sounds like cheerfully drunken Welsh but not nearly enough vowels, a few too many apostrophe abbreviations, too much familiarity with London landmarks, and ceded the sheep-boinking crown to 101 far too easily to be from the sticks. Possibly a native Klingon ostracized by own kind for being too good-natured and unwilling to wage war against salad cream.

He was nice. Or at least I think he was. Nobody who says "mate" that frequently in close proximity to multiple exclamation marks could ever not be nice.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

He was good people.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 11:34am
rcs was the man of yesterday (yesterday meaning 28 June 1978).

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 5:11pm
Flex wrote:
Side note: that's a really great and also really disturbing Superman story.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Agreed. Also, Byrne has a serious bug up his ass about that one because of Moore's ending—"This is an imaginary story … aren't they all?" Byrne claims it's some kind of insult to comics and "real" comics fans by equating in-continuity stories with non-, so, I dunno, all comics must be shitty? As usual, it's Byrne imagining that everyone he hates aren't worthy of comics.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 6:32pm
Wolter wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Agreed. Also, Byrne has a serious bug up his ass about that one because of Moore's ending—"This is an imaginary story … aren't they all?" Byrne claims it's some kind of insult to comics and "real" comics fans by equating in-continuity stories with non-, so, I dunno, all comics must be shitty? As usual, it's Byrne imagining that everyone he hates aren't worthy of comics.
Byrne is such a fucking tool.

EDIT: His Superman stories are, in hindsight, fairly mediocre.