MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Inder »

Best case, they bring the Jays into MLSE and sell to Bell + Larry Tannenbaum. The way the accounting works now, the team is apparently slightly handicapped because they (and I'm massively simplifying the thing here) operate from a budget tied to shareholder return. The way MLSE is structured would give the team lots more financial flexibility and autonomy.

And,

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 2:42pm
And,

See, tep, mathtits humour can be great!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just finished watching the last game of the 2013 ALCS. How the fuck did Detroit lose that series? Boston capitalized on their limited opportunities and Detroit squandered too many of theirs. Oddly, I don't remember watching the games and being all that tense—I'm guessing it's because the team was so goofy fun and any accomplishment was gravy—but, Christ, I should have been chewing my nails to the wrist.
Without a doubt, my favourite Red Sox team of my lifetime.

Tangential comment: God do I roll my eyes when broadcasters ooh and ahh about pro athletes who went to college. Craig Breslow of the 2013 team had a degree in microbiology, they gushed. Same thing whenever Mussina pitched—he has an economics degree. Yes, guys, if you go to college you have to have a major. It doesn't mean they excelled in their major. They might have graduated with, like, a 2.2 GPA or whatever. It's not like at the end of their career they'll be curing cancer or balancing the federal budget.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:06pm
Just finished watching the last game of the 2013 ALCS. How the fuck did Detroit lose that series? Boston capitalized on their limited opportunities and Detroit squandered too many of theirs. Oddly, I don't remember watching the games and being all that tense—I'm guessing it's because the team was so goofy fun and any accomplishment was gravy—but, Christ, I should have been chewing my nails to the wrist.
Without a doubt, my favourite Red Sox team of my lifetime.

Tangential comment: God do I roll my eyes when broadcasters ooh and ahh about pro athletes who went to college. Craig Breslow of the 2013 team had a degree in microbiology, they gushed. Same thing whenever Mussina pitched—he has an economics degree. Yes, guys, if you go to college you have to have a major. It doesn't mean they excelled in their major. They might have graduated with, like, a 2.2 GPA or whatever. It's not like at the end of their career they'll be curing cancer or balancing the federal budget.
To be fair, they didn’t pick cliche jock degrees like communications.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 5:06pm
To be fair, they didn’t pick cliche jock degrees like communications.
Sure, I guess, but I'd be more impressed by a ballplayer who majored in communications and graduated summa than an econ major who scored pity D's the whole way thru.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Angels get Ohtani.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Congrats, tep. I hope he's as good as advertised. The idea of a true do-it-all player like in the deadball days is way cool.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Suck it, bitches.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I am expecting Stanton to AA-Atlanta out of nowhere.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Cardinals blew it by sending him local cuisine to tempt him. Someone should get fired over that.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 5:57pm
Cardinals blew it by sending him local cuisine to tempt him. Someone should get fired over that.
Can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want to play in a city that is surely not at all racist or homophobic to literally every player who rejects them in any way.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Sounds like Stanton's probably heading to the Yankees. 😩

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 12:07am
Sounds like Stanton's probably heading to the Yankees. 😩
3 & 4 will be 100 HR and 400 Ks
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just watch, the Marlins will take Ellsbury and Castro and pay $100M of Stanton's salary to boot.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Wolter wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 7:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 5:57pm
Can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want to play in a city that is surely not at all racist or homophobic to literally every player who rejects them in any way.