MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2017

Post by tepista »

Major League Baseball is a professional baseball organization, the oldest of the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Wikipedia
Number of teams: 30
Commissioner: Rob Manfred
Founder: Fay Vincent
Founded: 1869, Cincinnati, OH
Subsidiaries: National League, American League, MLB.TV

Fay Vincent founded MLB!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.universalhub.com/2017/disapp ... ?nocache=1

He bravely ran...bravely, bravely ran.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 1:53pm
http://www.universalhub.com/2017/disapp ... ?nocache=1

He bravely ran...bravely, bravely ran.
Maybe he's going to run in Rhode Island. He's established that he's willing to take the public's money for his salary.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

David Price is looking rather iffy for the start of this season...maybe the whole season.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 7:26pm
David Price is looking rather iffy for the start of this season...maybe the whole season.
The upside is that I don't have to hate myself watching his starts and wanting him to do well. The downside is that the fucker probably won't opt out now. I need Montreal to get a team so I have a handy back-up.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 8:28pm
revbob wrote:
The upside is that I don't have to hate myself watching his starts and wanting him to do well. The downside is that the fucker probably won't opt out now. I need Montreal to get a team so I have a handy back-up.
I would love that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 8:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 8:28pm
revbob wrote:
I would love that.
As long they're National League, they'd instantly be my other team. I have a student now who's a Nats fan, so we chatted about the Expos. He got to meet someone who remembers Blue Monday and would still spit at Rick fucking Monday if I got the chance.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

revbob wrote:
The number of pitchers who have gone to Dr. Andrews for a second opinion and not ended up going under the knife is a very small one: http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/2/147908 ... nd-opinion

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Rat Patrol wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 8:42pm
revbob wrote:
The number of pitchers who have gone to Dr. Andrews for a second opinion and not ended up going under the knife is a very small one: http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/2/147908 ... nd-opinion
Exactly, less a 2nd opinion and more a "how do we do this?"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ah, so he's going to pitch shittily until late April, go on the DL, then they'll schedule him for TJ in late May.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2017, 5:48pm
Ah, so he's going to pitch shittily until late April, go on the DL, then they'll schedule him for TJ in late May.
Let's face it it wouldn't be the first time this strategy was used. I want to say the Yankees followed that on most of their pitchers for the middle 2000s. Maybe not always TJ surgery but some other elbow or shoulder surgery. I think that was Jaret Wright's career in a nutshell.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2017, 7:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Let's face it it wouldn't be the first time this strategy was used. I want to say the Yankees followed that on most of their pitchers for the middle 2000s. Maybe not always TJ surgery but some other elbow or shoulder surgery. I think that was Jaret Wright's career in a nutshell.
Tanaka is a rare example of seemingly being ready for the knife, then has come back and pitched well. But I'd bet Olaf's racoon farm that Price will have TJ surgery, but it'll be later in the season now and after pitching poorly.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2017, 10:26pm
revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2017, 7:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Tanaka is a rare example of seemingly being ready for the knife, then has come back and pitched well. But I'd bet Olaf's racoon farm that Price will have TJ surgery, but it'll be later in the season now and after pitching poorly.
Tanaka's situation was the flukiest of flukes, and also was caught fluky early right in the start where (retroactively) it's surmized the injury happened. Price's velocity has been down for 2 years. You simply don't have this series of events go like it has without the end result being some sort of long-term structural damage hitting its breaking point. He'd almost literally be the first to just "shake it off" if this works.

Congrats...you guys have your 2011 stubborn-mule Lackey back.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

What