The Job Search Woes Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Job Search Woes Thread

Post by Rat Patrol »

Appearing in the esteemed business journal. . .

https://www.salon.com/2016/09/28/just-a ... -business/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Got offered a zero hours contract, which I'll keep in my back pocket in case I ever need to starve to death.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I spent a good portion of the evening filling out this stupid online application that was in pdf format but I couldn't paste anything into it so I'm typing g endless amounts of shit and checking dates and what not for accuracy. I thought I was being smart when I saved it locally in case there was a problem. Well browser crashed and the file I saved was empty. Two hours or so wasted.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:I spent a good portion of the evening filling out this stupid online application that was in pdf format but I couldn't paste anything into it so I'm typing g endless amounts of shit and checking dates and what not for accuracy. I thought I was being smart when I saved it locally in case there was a problem. Well browser crashed and the file I saved was empty. Two hours or so wasted.
Man, fuck every single online submission ever. Why do I even bother to make a resume?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:I spent a good portion of the evening filling out this stupid online application that was in pdf format but I couldn't paste anything into it so I'm typing g endless amounts of shit and checking dates and what not for accuracy. I thought I was being smart when I saved it locally in case there was a problem. Well browser crashed and the file I saved was empty. Two hours or so wasted.
Man, fuck every single online submission ever. Why do I even bother to make a resume?
Yeah and then they also want you to upload your resume in addition to the fucking online form.

I've had several people from the same company call me over the past several weeks and ask me the same shit then say I'll be getting an offer. The next week it starts all over again.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

My head would have exploded. Things would have been thrown at the wall.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
I was just wondering the same thing. Next time they ask for a resume, I'll just fill out the application instead.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mimi wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I was just wondering the same thing. Next time they ask for a resume, I'll just fill out the application instead.
I've put my CV, as we in the UK call a resume, into the most copy and pastable format to answer their dumb redundancies.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I've put my CV, as we in the UK call a resume, into the most copy and pastable format to answer their dumb redundancies.
This form would not allow pasting

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I'm really happy to say I got a job in my new city, in a great looking organisation looking after people with learning difficulties. I'm over the moon.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:I'm really happy to say I got a job in my new city, in a great looking organisation looking after people with learning difficulties. I'm over the moon.
Awesome man.

(I've been starting to research touristy shit to do in your new town- looks like there's some fun stuff. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: )
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I'm really happy to say I got a job in my new city, in a great looking organisation looking after people with learning difficulties. I'm over the moon.
Awesome man.

(I've been starting to research touristy shit to do in your new town- looks like there's some fun stuff. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: )
Thank you mate.

It'd be like us marching round London, only instead of being me full of interesting tidbits after a lifetime's reading, I'll point and things and go: "I think it was a factory once? It looks like one."

Shit - we're closing in on a year since we hung out round desolate East Croydon Station.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Nice! It sounds like a very worthy organization. Wonderful news! Where did you move, btw?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Congrats, James!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Mimi wrote:Congrats, James!
Thanks a lot mate. I've got a nice few guilt free weeks off before I can start as well, which is just ideal.
JennyB wrote:
Nice! It sounds like a very worthy organization. Wonderful news! Where did you move, btw?
About two hours north, to Birmingham. I have a house now, which I never ever could have afforded to rent in London. Two bedrooms upstairs. I - no exaggeration - couldn't afford a room in a shared flat for what this lovely nineteenth century house with a garden costs me. I was spending £700 to share with some terrible people in the capital and I'm now spending £550 to have all this space to myself. Heaven.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/