MLB 2016

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: MLB 2016

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:Is Vladdy HoF? At one point he looked like a 100%er, but then he aged 10 years in one season.
I don't think so but I think he warrants a solid look. He was a specimen but either he lied is ass off about his age and is really 46-47 right now instead of 41 (which is what I see online) or he was juiced as hell.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
tepista wrote:Is Vladdy HoF? At one point he looked like a 100%er, but then he aged 10 years in one season.
I don't think so but I think he warrants a solid look. He was a specimen but either he lied is ass off about his age and is really 46-47 right now instead of 41 (which is what I see online) or he was juiced as hell.
Yes - unique player, multiple tools and has the batting stats. Also, rapid decline at that age is a sign of not juicing (and probably not having an insane workout regimen either). See Roberto Alomar for a very comparable example.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

You've probably already seen this, but Joe Biagini is the best.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Without looking at his stats I would lean towards a yes but perhaps my perception is skewed.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

KevinSmock wrote:Dear friends! Thanks a lot for the report! It made my day! I just stopped by to tell you that if you wish to get a high-paying job, you will need to know more how to get hired. I am not joking. The most powerful tips: Image 
I know I put a lot of time and hard work into that report and it's about time someone recognized it. Sometimes you wonder if all the hard work is even worth it and then you get recognition like this and it makes it all worth while.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

KevinSmock wrote:Dear friends! Thanks a lot for the report! It made my day! I just stopped by to tell you that if you wish to get a high-paying job, you will need to know more how to get hired. I am not joking. The most powerful tips: Image 
Submitting your resume in Comic Sans is actually a terrible idea, Kevin.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

For the last time, Tony La Russa...you ruined the Diamondbacks, routinely drug pitchers to death, and are a vain and cloying PETA member! No front office is going to hire you as their GM!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1819 ... y-4-months

Delaying the surgery was the correct move. I mean...they were in a pennant race that whole time! :shifty:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1819 ... y-4-months

Delaying the surgery was the correct move. I mean...they were in a pennant race that whole time! :shifty:
He took the last weekend off.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater

Only in Philly... (when not Only)

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sale to Red Sox for Moncada and Kopech + 2 additional minor leaguers. I like it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Flex wrote:Sale to Red Sox for Moncada and Kopech + 2 additional minor leaguers. I like it.
The better Basabe brother being a part of this also sorta hurts, as this is 3 of our top 10 prospects, and we lost Dubon earlier today, too. Definitely not a top 10 farm anymore, but we've still got some solid guys here. But this makes me angry about trading Anderson Espinoza for Pomeranz, as one of he/Erod/Buchholz is almost certainly on the trading block now.

But...SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE. Price/Sale/Porcello/Wright/Whomever is a great rotation that I love.

BostonBeaneater

Boddington wrote:
Flex wrote:Sale to Red Sox for Moncada and Kopech + 2 additional minor leaguers. I like it.
The better Basabe brother being a part of this also sorta hurts, as this is 3 of our top 10 prospects, and we lost Dubon earlier today, too. Definitely not a top 10 farm anymore, but we've still got some solid guys here. But this makes me angry about trading Anderson Espinoza for Pomeranz, as one of he/Erod/Buchholz is almost certainly on the trading block now.

But...SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE. Price/Sale/Porcello/Wright/Whomever is a great rotation that I love.

I'm going to slice this up to celebrate.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Yikes...they are going to be in the same luxury tax hell as the Dodgers in 2018 with the CBA's new 90% tax rate for the worst offenders, if they don't find takers for some of their most worst 40-man roster overpays soon enough. This is a GFIN move...but that assumes that the post-Papi '17 team is really a GFIN-caliber roster. Moncada was a big-salary jettison, but his 100%-taxable signing bonus is non-transactable to the Meth Sox so that's sunk cost for however many years it's still got deferred payments on it (EDIT: apparently that's $11M each of the next 3 years).

For their sake Pomagranate needs to be healthy enough to deal without eating excess cash. That would be enough to keep the ledger from tipping too far into the danger zone. However, he certainly wasn't last year when it looked like you might as well pencil him in preemptively for the TJ surgery.