You talk funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

You talk funny

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We've done this before, but I don't think it was this particular analytical quiz.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... z-map.html

No surprise that my closest locales were in the Midwest—Aurora and Rockford, IL.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: You talk funny

Post by Wolter »

Not too far off.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.91 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Man, I can't fool these things at all. Every time I end up stuck in downtown Hartford in crawling I-84 traffic like my birthright sentences me to for all of purgatory.
IT'S_A_FUCKING_ROTARY!.jpg
IT'S_A_FUCKING_ROTARY!.jpg (20.16 KiB) Viewed 2914 times

And wow...New Puritanstan turns thermonuclear red when you check the "I have no idea what a drive-thru liquor store is" box. :disshame:

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:Man, I can't fool these things at all. Every time I end up stuck in downtown Hartford in crawling I-84 traffic like my birthright sentences me to for all of purgatory.

And wow...New Puritanstan turns thermonuclear red when you check the "I have no idea what a drive-thru liquor store is" box. :disshame:
My answer to that, based on my childhood, was "we have those, but no special word for them."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In Saskatchewan, except for off-sale in motels, alcohol can only be sold in state-run Liquor Board Stores (LBS), which also have the delightful slang name, "Government 7-11."
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Man, I can't fool these things at all. Every time I end up stuck in downtown Hartford in crawling I-84 traffic like my birthright sentences me to for all of purgatory.

My answer to that, based on my childhood, was "we have those, but no special word for them."
Look...beer in supermarkets is a 2nd-term W. Bush revelation in Chasteachusetts and Sunday liquor sales is what Connectistan won when we were greeted as liberators in Iraq. And both still have artificially limited hours because the package store lobby still has every state legislature in their pockets. You're gonna have to explain these phantasmagorical creations a little more slowly to me. I'm still reeling from that time I went to the Star Market in Derry, NH 9 years ago and the beer aisle was right next to the baby food aisle...and it wasn't even cordoned off with a retractable fence that went down at 9:00pm on the dot. It was just, like...out in the open as another regular aisle. Can you believe such a tale?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Look...beer in supermarkets is a 2nd-term W. Bush revelation in Chasteachusetts and Sunday liquor sales is what Connectistan won when we were greeted as liberators in Iraq. And both still have artificially limited hours because the package store lobby still has every state legislature in their pockets. You're gonna have to explain these phantasmagorical creations a little more slowly to me. I'm still reeling from that time I went to the Star Market in Derry, NH 9 years ago and the beer aisle was right next to the baby food aisle...and it wasn't even cordoned off with a retractable fence that went down at 9:00pm on the dot. It was just, like...out in the open as another regular aisle. Can you believe such a tale?
We had beer and wine in supermarkets when I was a kid, but they were only sold while the sun was up, and not on Sundays. Liquor stores only sold liquor. And were also only selling while the sun was up, and not on Sundays.

I do remember trying to buy liquor in Boston when I was 21 and only had a SC state ID. The only place that actually took my VERY LEGAL GOVERNMENT ISSUE CARD was a creepy assed packie in Roxbury that I'm pretty sure I had to step over a chalk outline to get to, and had a very fat cop sitting in a corner eying me.

Apparently, the other stores seriously expected me to go get a MASSACHUSETTS STATE ISSUED LICKA CAHD for my 6 days spent there.

EDIT: When I first came up here apartment hunting, I took sample shots in a GROCERY STORE. If I was every doubting my decision to move out of SC, I changed my tune instantly that day.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Er.
Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 3.54.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 3.54.35 AM.png (862.51 KiB) Viewed 2901 times

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Wolter wrote:

We had beer and wine in supermarkets when I was a kid, but they were only sold while the sun was up, and not on Sundays. Liquor stores only sold liquor. And were also only selling while the sun was up, and not on Sundays.

I do remember trying to buy liquor in Boston when I was 21 and only had a SC state ID. The only place that actually took my VERY LEGAL GOVERNMENT ISSUE CARD was a creepy assed packie in Roxbury that I'm pretty sure I had to step over a chalk outline to get to, and had a very fat cop sitting in a corner eying me.

Apparently, the other stores seriously expected me to go get a MASSACHUSETTS STATE ISSUED LICKA CAHD for my 6 days spent there.

EDIT: When I first came up here apartment hunting, I took sample shots in a GROCERY STORE. If I was every doubting my decision to move out of SC, I changed my tune instantly that day.

You obviously checked out immediately at the main register before first going to the special blue State Lottery register and ordering a #1, #8, #18, and...aaah, make it another #8's worth of quick picks. That's how we validate ID here for that brown bag of Cutty Sahk you're gonna drink alone on the curb outside the Bromley Heath projects.

Whaddaya flashin' ya directionals that yawr visiting from pahts west of Wilbraham? No wonder they was suspicious.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Inder wrote:Er.
Well...Leafs nation is kind of a leper colony.

I hear the views are lovely for the daily 3:00pm skin grafts.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Inder wrote:Er.
Well...Leafs nation is kind of a leper colony.

I hear the views are lovely for the daily 3:00pm skin grafts.
I can't hear you over the whirr of my carrot juice machine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sorry, an error has occurred. Keep this link to save your answers and view your map later.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:Sorry, an error has occurred.
Ah, you speak Mississippi.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I persevered.

http://nyti.ms/1UKpn7U
Last edited by revbob on 12 Sep 2015, 10:49am, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I persevered.

http://nyti.ms/1UKpn7U
So your Yankees fandom is linguistic in origin?