INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Is possible to get emojis on here?
This a fucking Clash forum not a Justin Beaver forum. Are you off your meds?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Hey Inder I'm sick of looking at this blue forum can you change it to pink please.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Marky Dread wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Is possible to get emojis on here?
This a fucking Clash forum not a Justin Beaver forum. Are you off your meds?
The smileys on here aren't that good, except the shifty guy. And yes because they make me sleepy.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

bootstraps_pull_'em-up.jpg
bootstraps_pull_'em-up.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 5803 times

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Rat Patrol wrote:
bootstraps_pull_'em-up.jpg
Emojis, not emoticons.

edit: On the cell. Not copy/paste.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Honest to God, Chuck, are you trying to claw your way onto people's Ignore lists now? Image

Start your own damn forum if you don't like the user experience Inder provides us for free in his spare time from living a full and busy life.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Rat Patrol wrote:Honest to God, Chuck, are you trying to claw your way onto people's Ignore lists now? Image

Start your own damn forum if you don't like the user experience Inder provides us for free in his spare time from living a full and busy life.
Is that what you're all PMing each other about?

I wasn't asking Inder to do anything*. I was asking, first, if there are even allowed on here because it brings up the MySQL page when trying to post them. But on second thought, I believe you're right, I should try them on a different forum.

Edit: *I want to make clear that it only appears that way because I asked it in the "INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread, the first broad page on the first page my eye could see. Perhaps I should have asked the question in a more apply titled thread.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

CONTENT WARNING: INTERNET DRAMA
Chuck Mangione wrote:Is that what you're all PMing each other about?

I wasn't asking Inder to do anything*. I was asking, first, if there are even allowed on here because it brings up the MySQL page when trying to post them. But on second thought, I believe you're right, I should try them on a different forum.

Edit: *I want to make clear that it only appears that way because I asked it in the "INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread, the first broad page on the first page my eye could see. Perhaps I should have asked the question in a more apply titled thread.
Chuck,

I can't and won't speak for anyone else, and I don't know what all conversations people are or are not having. But, I'd suggest you're getting particularly put on here, at this moment, because of two recent threads where you said some shit that I think people, quite rightly, took deep offense to. I probably would have too, but had the good fortune to be on vacation and not checking in during one of the threads going off. I get that this is a tough, even unforgiving, forum sometimes but I'd ask you to please, please take a step back and reflect on why you've put yourself on a bunch of folks' shitlist at the moment. I don't think this is a case where you're amongst a bunch of people who don't like you, or are out to get you, or anything like that. These are the reactions of people who see someone they like going down a potentially ugly path.

I don't want to be condescending, and I don't want to come off like I'm trying to attack you. I'm saying this because I think you're a good guy and, frankly, you don't usually come off as being as thoughtless (or in your own words, anti-intellectual) and - I'm sorry to use the word - ignorant as you've been presenting yourself lately. And it bleeds into all your other posts. You might not mean it to, but it just does. I don't know why there has been this shift, and if it's related to difficulties in your personal life then I am truly sorry for it.

Whether you listen to me now, or feel like you're sick of some of the folks here or whatever, please consider this: ignorance is parasitic. It bleeds into all of your life and affects you in ways you'll never even be aware of. None of us are above it. Ask anyone and I think they'll tell you it's always a struggle to be considerate and empathetic. Lord knows I've fucked up on that enough times, and on occasion I could be - and can be - an ugly person who says some really stupid shit. I like to think I'm better than I used to be, but no one is ever perfect. I hate to pull the "when I was your age..." card but, well, I was your age once and I remember the struggle to figure shit out. I was lucky to have some good folks in my life, and some of them are on this very forum. I'd really, really encourage you to think about what some of these folks here have been saying to you, and how they've been saying it, in the past few days.

You are better than this stuff, Chuck. Please show that is true.

Best,
Flex

P.S. I have no opinion on emojis. :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

:( I'll step back. I did not mean to offend anyone here. Guess some people get offended easily. But I never meant to offend anyone.. The "i want answers" wasn't meant to be mean, by the way. Prolly was trying to be funny there... :shifty: I want to point out: I called myself an idiot, nobody else. That's my only testimony if we are going to argue which I'm not here to do because there is hardly enough content to argue about in what I said. It was a stupid, mindless rant, which was probably more inner frustration than aimed out at anyone. Perhaps it was misunderstood?...

Anyways, I'll apologize a second time for somewhat self-loathingly/somewhat ironically calling myself anti-intelligent and really hope I don't lose you guys.

CM :approve:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

"Two" recent threads? I'm not sure I am aware of the other thread you're talking about. The education one and what else?

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Is it* possible to get emojis on here. Shit, I just saw that. Typo. Wasn't trying to troll there. I was legit asking, and not in an assertive way like can we get some, more can they be posted, because the MySQL page I mentioned keeps showing up.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:"Two" recent threads? I'm not sure I am aware of the other thread you're talking about. The education one and what else?
I really care little about emoticons and other crap. The only thread that you came across a being naive to me was that Rock Against Racism one. I lived through that era and lost friends to the stupidity and naivety of racism so it really means something to me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Chuck Mangione wrote:"Two" recent threads? I'm not sure I am aware of the other thread you're talking about. The education one and what else?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10038#p402494

England is covered with scar tissue to this day from the racial strife that was the backdrop of the Rock Against Racism concert. That is not taken lightly by those who lived through it and those who still see the problems festering below the surface. This board is well-represented by people who lived through the actual time it and still live through that atmosphere. These are the faultlines one misses by embracing anti-intellectualism.

We're not exasperated because of no-thinky-before-posty. Lord knows we all do enough of that. It's the seemingly being proud of it angle that really rankles. You're better than that, Chuck. And Flex is spot-on: anti-intellectualism is soul-destroying. It rots everything in the process, and it's a one-way form of atrophy. If you're blessed with an awareness of the world around you--and you are--it's a fucking travesty to throw that away. Only you can choose to stay curious and engaged in the world. Nobody else has the capability of doing that for you by proxy even if they wanted to.

EDIT: Marky said it better than I ever could.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Agree with both of you, and I've discussed the RAR comment with Flex in the PM's.

It was a stupid comment.. Misdirected Clash-hatred. Great, meaningful gig. It's the band that sucked. ;)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
I really care little about emoticons and other crap. The only thread that you came across a being naive to me was that Rock Against Racism one. I lived through that era and lost friends to the stupidity and naivety of racism so it really means something to me.
Looking back now, racism, homophobia, sexism (the list goes on) they were all the norm. You only have to watch any UK sitcom from that era to see that. Alternatively just ask one of the ex BBC employees currently serving time for such behaviour. Speaking out against racism was a big thing, it was far easier and more socially acceptable to be a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. With that back drop it is hardly any wonder that the place was so violent.
Going to school, living in a town, supporting a football team, following a fashion or band made you a member of several tribes and all tribes had to fight each other at every opportunity. Sometimes it got complicated working out which side you were on in the fight. If only we learnt about Venn diagrams in maths life would have been much easier.