INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: INDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:"Two" recent threads? I'm not sure I am aware of the other thread you're talking about. The education one and what else?
I really care little about emoticons and other crap. The only thread that you came across a being naive to me was that Rock Against Racism one. I lived through that era and lost friends to the stupidity and naivety of racism so it really means something to me.
Looking back now, racism, homophobia, sexism (the list goes on) they were all the norm. You only have to watch any UK sitcom from that era to see that. Alternatively just ask one of the ex BBC employees currently serving time for such behaviour. Speaking out against racism was a big thing, it was far easier and more socially acceptable to be a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. With that back drop it is hardly any wonder that the place was so violent.
Going to school, living in a town, supporting a football team, following a fashion or band made you a member of several tribes and all tribes had to fight each other at every opportunity. Sometimes it got complicated working out which side you were on in the fight. If only we learnt about Venn diagrams in maths life would have been much easier.
"Today's lesson is all about venn diagrams... who threw that brick?!"
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Looking back now, racism, homophobia, sexism (the list goes on) they were all the norm. You only have to watch any UK sitcom from that era to see that. Alternatively just ask one of the ex BBC employees currently serving time for such behaviour. Speaking out against racism was a big thing, it was far easier and more socially acceptable to be a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. With that back drop it is hardly any wonder that the place was so violent.
Going to school, living in a town, supporting a football team, following a fashion or band made you a member of several tribes and all tribes had to fight each other at every opportunity. Sometimes it got complicated working out which side you were on in the fight. If only we learnt about Venn diagrams in maths life would have been much easier.
[v][/v]
Zip to the 26m mark for the SCTV take on To Sir With Love (with Bob Geldof before he discovered horrible charity singles).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:"Two" recent threads? I'm not sure I am aware of the other thread you're talking about. The education one and what else?
I really care little about emoticons and other crap. The only thread that you came across a being naive to me was that Rock Against Racism one. I lived through that era and lost friends to the stupidity and naivety of racism so it really means something to me.
Looking back now, racism, homophobia, sexism (the list goes on) they were all the norm. You only have to watch any UK sitcom from that era to see that. Alternatively just ask one of the ex BBC employees currently serving time for such behaviour. Speaking out against racism was a big thing, it was far easier and more socially acceptable to be a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. With that back drop it is hardly any wonder that the place was so violent.
:mrgreen:

Sadly we live in a reversal of those times. With people afraid to call a black man "black" with political correctness gone stupid. Those racists have never and will never go away and yet they still hide behind OUR national flag. The flag of democracy and acceptance to all.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:Sadly we live in a reversal of those times. With people afraid to call a black man "black" with political correctness gone stupid.
Not convinced that the times are completely reversed. Ask a young black guy how often he gets stopped and searched by the police in a week and it'll probably tell a different story.
Those racists have never and will never go away and yet they still hide behind OUR national flag. The flag of democracy and acceptance to all.
That's a flag to be proud of, I really like the idea of thinking of it like that.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Sadly we live in a reversal of those times. With people afraid to call a black man "black" with political correctness gone stupid.
Not convinced that the times are completely reversed. Ask a young black guy how often he gets stopped and searched by the police in a week and it'll probably tell a different story.
Those racists have never and will never go away and yet they still hide behind OUR national flag. The flag of democracy and acceptance to all.
That's a flag to be proud of, I really like the idea of thinking of it like that.

Yeah I didn't put that across as well as I needed to. I am coming at it from the point of view where people who used racism in hushed tones are now hiding behind today's political correctness. Too afraid to even acknowledge the term of someones color in speech. People are proud of what and who they are and rightly so. So please don't deny them of it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

YER FREAKIN ME OUT HERE MAN WITH THIS HERE DEMON "MOVIN' PICTURES" THING!!!

If next it becomes one of those talkies I hear about them big city slickers watchin' we're gon have to have our first witch burning of the second half of January in these parts. :naughty:

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Rat Patrol wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 10:20pm

If next it becomes one of those talkies I hear about them big city slickers watchin' we're gon have to have our first witch burning of the second half of January in these parts. :naughty:
He's whistling Arrow Through Me. 😎

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Inder wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 10:50pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 10:20pm

He's whistling Arrow Through Me. 😎
THE SINGING STICK CAT IS LOOPING THROUGH PURGATORY FOR ALL ETERNITY. BURN THE WICKED SO GOD HAS MERCY ON OUR TORTURED SOULS! :ugeek:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I have two black cats. One is named Felix.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble